Sawzall selection?

Old 10-19-02, 04:29 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Sawzall selection?

Hi,
I am a homeowner looking to add a sawzall type saw to my tools.
Iam a moderate handyman.The tool would probably only get used for an occasional project.I would like to get a decent saw without spending a fortune.I was looking at Craftsman saws 6.5 amp with case,etc $68 ?
Or am I better to spend more and get a low end Millwaukee or Makita?
I would be using it for minor demolition,or maybe cutting cast iron waste pipes for repair,etc?Thanks

Old 10-19-02, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
cschroth1:
I think that it would be worthwhile to get as good a quality recip saw as you can afford.
I own a Milwaukee corded, a Milwaukee 18volt cordless and use to own a Makita corded.
The Milwaukees are infinitely superior.
The cordless is way handier and kind of pricey, but would likely be used for things you hadn't even thought of yet.

Old 10-20-02, 12:34 PM
elderberry99
Visiting Guest
Sawzall selection

I previously owned a very old Craftsman recipricating saw and used it and abused it with no breakdowns. I finally sold that saw for a more modern up to date Craftsman 6.5 amp with a rounded shoe on the end. I have been using this for many projects now and love it very much. You can get many sales that will include the case, blades, wrench, and other goodies if you watch the sales. I did not pay much more for my saw then you want to. I am glad that I did not buy the recip with the flat shoe though. The rounded shoe gives you better cutting ability. My saw also came with the rubber body cover that absorbs the vibration when cutting. Something to think about.

Old 10-21-02, 09:07 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I bought the #27501 6.5 Craftsman Professional Recip saw about six months ago.

This is the one Sears advertises with the case, gloves, extension cord, safety glasses and a couple of blades for about 75 bucks (I think I paid less) on sale.

It is a Dewalt in disguise. I e-mailed Dewalt and in turn they told me they make it for Sears. Any model # of Sears that starts with 900 is a Black and Decker/Dewalt (same company now) made product.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: