craftsman table saw

Old 11-18-02, 01:48 PM
zenaca
Visiting Guest
craftsman table saw

i have a craftsman table saw mod. 298090 with an aluminum top does anyone have any idea where i can find a castiron top for it. Without having to pay an arm and leg.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-02, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
zenaca:
To my knowlege it is not possible to buy a custom top for a tablesaw. Besides, if you have to go to Sears for a major part you may as well throw the tool away.

Old 11-19-02, 01:48 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You don't give the full model #, but if it starts with 113 before the decimal point in the model # (check the unit), it is made by Emerson Tool Company for Sears.

Look them up on google.com and try them first.

Greg H: Not at all . You just have to be smart enough to know who they source the product from and go to their vendor.

Why would I go to them for a part for my Kenmore machine when I know that the part #s in their parts literature that come with the machine are Whirlpool?

I have simply figured out who made it, and called that vendor and asked for that part #. Saves time, money and you get the part cheaper and faster (and sometimes for free...as happened with me).

Old 11-19-02, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Smile No more sears bashing.

Joe_F:
You jogged my memory. Years ago one of my first tool purchases was an entry level Devilbiss spray gun bought from an autobody supply store. A while later while browsing Sears tool department I found the identical gun to mine with Craftsman cast into the handle, for almost half what I paid! Not only that, it came with a thick manual and an internal mix nozzle for spraying latex and a few spare parts.
I found the department manager and told him I had a gun just like this and it didn't come with accessories and is it possible to order them. He dissapeared into a back room and was gone for the longest time. Eventually a clerk came out, thrust a small bag into my hands and said the manager was sorry that it wasn't included and there would be no charge and promptly dissapeared. I still am gratefull to this day.
That was mid 70's. The Sears stores today are dedicating less and less space to their tool departments in my part of the country.
Their original store in my home city even booted the tool department and replaced it with a bed and bath department.
I don't take my wife to that store anymore.

Sad, very sad.

Old 11-19-02, 09:30 PM
zenaca
Visiting Guest
Grag And Joe thank you for your help i appreciate it very much. Joe is there a list somewhere of cross reference sears to actual manufactures or is this some deeep sears secret. thanx again .

Old 11-19-02, 09:32 PM
zenaca
Visiting Guest
Also its a 113 prefix so is that emerson.

Old 11-25-02, 09:21 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Yes, it is an Emerson.

The attached URL should help as well.

http://www.wwforum.com/faqs_articles/sears_numbers.html

113 shows up as Emerson there.