finishing nailers

Old 11-21-02, 12:54 PM
Bobbster
Visiting Guest
finishing nailers

I am looking to buy a new finishing nailer. I am not sure about the "firing modes" and "driving power". What is a restrictive firing mode? Why would a bump firing mode nailer have a trigger? Last but not least, why would a nailer not have a "driving power" listed in the tech. data sheet?

Old 11-21-02, 09:24 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The restrictive firing mode means you have to pull the trigger in order to get the gun to fire each time. That is important in finish guns where nail placement is a concern. The bump mode is found on framing nailers, where a lot of times placement isn't much of a concern. You pull the trigger and hold it, then every time you "bump" the nose safety another nail is fired. But you don't use that mode all of the time. Sometimes placement is an issue with a framing nailer too.

Old 11-22-02, 06:24 AM
Bobbster
Visiting Guest
What is a Quick Coupler?

Old 11-22-02, 08:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The firing mode is best for us weekenders. Safer

Old 11-22-02, 05:02 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A quick coupler is the fitting on the end of the air hose that you connect to whatever tool (or another air hose) that you are using. Pull back the collar, attach the hose to the tool, and release the collar.

Old 11-24-02, 07:38 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Hello Bobbster, I pass this on because I just went through shopping for the right finish nailer but keep in mind that I did this in four hours and there may be better ideas out there. When it came down to it the Sears 18 gauge nailer was the best deal for a finish nailer in my area because it has restrictive firing mode and bump mode and drives 5/8 through 2 inch nails. That has me covered in this area and it works very well.....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: