Routers

Old 01-15-03, 08:35 PM
wkndwoodwkr
Visiting Guest
Cool Routers

I plan to purchase a router and have been looking at various models and features. I am looking for a moderate to light duty fixed base router for home use. When I purchase power tools I prefer to purchase a quality tool even if I have to pay a little more. My preferences are Makita, Porter Cable and DeWalt. The end use will be for shelves, cabinets and other light furniture and general woodworking use.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for consideration in making a choice? Also opinions regarding brands would appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-03, 09:17 PM
Really can't go wrong with a Porter Cable 690. Ball bearing construction, several interchangable bases, decent power for the projects you mentioned, and been around for quite a while.

Old 01-15-03, 09:40 PM
wkndwoodwkr
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Out of everything that I have looked at so far, for price/performance/value, the Porter Cable impressed me the most. Thanks for the comments.

Bill

Old 01-15-03, 09:55 PM
I've got 3 of them. One mounted in the end of the bench for doing nothing but splines, one in the router table, and one that is free hand for everything else.