air nailer

Old 01-23-03, 05:29 AM
gowitheflo
Visiting Guest
air nailer

I'm shopping for a framing nailer. Does anyone have any suggestions on brands, clipped or full round head etc.

Thanks

Gerald

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-03, 07:48 PM
Round head, for sure. Depending on where you are and what you are doing, clipped heads are not, or at least may not be legal. Around here, I can't even find them any more.

Senco, Makita, Paslode, Hitachi, ... The brand you choose isn't all that important, as long as you stick with a name brand. More important are items like the weight, the balance, the size.

Old 01-23-03, 08:05 PM
DWolfgarth55
Visiting Guest
I got a Porter Cable FR350 off E-Bay for cheap and like brand new
I got it to help build a 450sq ft. addition it's been great and perfect no problems

Old 01-24-03, 04:40 AM
arthropod98
Visiting Guest
personally, i've got the bostitch N88RH, and it's a GREAT nailer -- no problems at all so far.

this thing will take up to 0.162" diameter nails, which was the main selling point for me -- not easy to find these, and not cheap, but i like the option.

also, it's tool-free depth adjustment, which was another big selling point.

oh, and i agree, i'd go with the full round head.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=552702

Old 01-24-03, 04:43 AM
arthropod98
Visiting Guest
forgot one thing about the listing on amazon for this nailer -- the nail sizes they have listed are WRONG -- this nailer DEFINITELY takes 0.162 nails.

Old 01-24-03, 05:16 PM
Visiting Guest
We have and use regularly a Campbell Hausfeld framing nailer, Paslode cordless finish nailer, and Paslode coil roofing nailer.

I recommend either of those brands, and cordless or not isn't a big consideration unless it's for industrial use. The framing nailer cordless models can shoot 1200 nails on one canister and the finish nailer cordless models can shoot 2400 nails on one canister. Both brands have worked flawless for us with proper maintinence.