Opinion on Refurbished Delta 36-650?

Old 01-31-03, 06:31 AM
Opinion on Refurbished Delta 36-650?

I was at a Delta factory service center that is also and outlet for refurb Delta and Porter Cable tools (located in Willow Grove, just up the street from me).

Anyhow, they have pretty good prices, and the tools come with a 6 mo warranty. They offer the 36-600 for $299 and the 36-650 for $399. I am thinking og the 36-650 since I have read of many problems with the 36-600 motors.

Any advice? Is a refurb tool like this a good deal?

I am going to be using the saw to construct a lot of built-in shelves / cabinets.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-03, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Refurbished Delta.

comgenboy:

I have recently developed a healthy respect for Delta when looking for a replacement arbor and bearings for my 20 year old heavily abused 34-050 Delta which is similar to what your looking at. They had almost every replaceable part on the shelf, and the parts I needed were less than $100.00. In US funds that would only be about $60.00.

I don't know what they go for at HD or similar stores, but if there is a saving you would likely be ok with a refurbished, especially if the warranty is for 100% satisfaction.

If you buy it, a good accessory would be a dial indicator to be able to check the saw for trueness and would test the saws accuracy for your warranty. You can pick up an import dial indicator for less than $30.00.
It's what I'm using to overhaul my saw.

Info on setting up the saw:

http://www.newwoodworker.com/dilindjiguse.html