Table vs. mitre saw....

Old 03-02-03, 10:07 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Table vs. mitre saw....

Hi,
Silly question, but any input would be appreciated. As a new homeowner with a house that is going to have some significant rehab, would you get a table saw or a mitre saw first?

My quesion is compounded by the fact that my dad (a great handyman) is moving & allowing my brother & I to split his tools. He has both a nice mitre & table saw, it's my turn to choose & I keep on going back & forth. I'm no pro but will build an addition, redo doors, windows, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 03-02-03, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
Bob:

The table saw would be by far the best choice.
It is the foundation on which a woodworking shop is built and is usually the more expensive of the two.

What make and model are they?

Old 03-02-03, 05:48 PM
C
Take the table saw. You can get a nice sliding compound miter saw for the price of a good table saw blade and stiffener.

Old 03-02-03, 06:46 PM
B
Saw brand...

Greg,
It's an old Delta, I'm not sure of the model but I'll find out. My guess is that it is 30 years old, but last I worked with (couple of years ago), it worked like a champ.

Thanks to both of you - that was my leaning...

Old 03-03-03, 07:53 PM
C
A 30 year old Delta is just coming into its prime. It would be a good one, well worth renovating. The quality in the older table saws is excellent.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: