Table saw died...HELP!

Old 03-17-03, 03:41 PM
Dino
Visiting Guest
Table saw died...HELP!

My 10 year old Delta promo cheapy Home Depot table saw died and I'm in the middle of a project. (It has served me well, but I've been looking for a good excuss to upgrade)

I've got to make a pretty quick decision on a replacement, and don't have time for the exhaustive research that I normally do.

My needs are that of a moderate to advanced (room to grow) weekend warrior. I do LOTS gerneral projects around the house - ripping hardwood, trimwork, cabinetry, built-in furnature, etc. I'm looking at contractor grade equipment as "cabinet grade saws are out of my price range. My price range is between $400-$800 (for the right saw)

Mobility is not to much of an issue other than the ablity to roll or slide it out into the center of the garage for working and back out of the way to get the car in.

I'm very interested in the Bosch 4000k. It sound like a great saw at $499 except for blade changing. Is it worth spending a little more for a Delta or a lot more for a Jet?

Oh yeah...I'm married and I've gotten the approval for this, but I've only got one shot at it. I'm only going to get to do this once in this life (well, with this wife, anyway)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-03, 04:51 PM
The Delta contractor saw with a good fence is a popular item. It has been discussed around the forum. I don't have one. I have a larger cabinet saw.

Old 03-17-03, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator
Dino:

I have a 20 year old Delta contractor saw similar to this and it has served me well.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/sim-explorer/explore-items/-/B000022365/0/101/1/none/session/ref=pd_sxp_elt_mor/103-9110749-2207816