Pressure Washer

Old 03-19-03, 03:43 AM
Mike9999z
Visiting Guest
Pressure Washer

Electric powered pressure washer. This is a Coleman 1250 Clean Machine Powermate. Plugged in hose, turned water on and plugged in electric plug into socket but triggering the gun produces no water. Also a pressure washer can make quite a racket but there is no noise coming from the machine. Can't find my manual for this machine so can't look up to see if I am doing this wrong. Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-03, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
Mike:

Check to make sure the switch on the washer is turned on.

Is this a new unit?

Old 03-23-03, 12:22 AM
Mike9999z
Visiting Guest
yes - after I connect power and water, there is an on off switch. Turning on the on switch results in nothing.

Old 03-23-03, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Mike:

To test the washer you will need a meter to read voltage and impedance (ohms).
You would have to dismantle the unit and first test to see that there is power at the end of the cord wires.
Next would be to check the on-off switch for continuity as well as the pressure switch that shuts the unit off when you release the trigger.
If that does not yield positive results you would then have to use an ohm meter on the motor windings.

This type of testing is not for everyone, and if it is someting you don't want to do, a repair shop could do it for you.

Old 03-23-03, 07:22 AM
Is the outlet working. Try something else in the receptacle to verify. If this is an outdoor recptacle then there should be GFCI protection on it somewhere.

Old 03-23-03, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Red face

joed:

Good point!

Old 03-29-03, 08:54 PM
Mike9999z
Visiting Guest
ok - will have to get a meter - if it gets too complicated, guess I'll have to look at a repair shop. Tried to find a Coleman company location, telephone number or website without luck.

Also thanks for tip on outlet - it does have a RFI on it and it checked out ok for another electric device (hedge trimmer). I also plugged the pressure washer to another outlet indoors and there was no difference. The pressure washer, btw, also has its own RFI. Wasn't sure how two RFI connected back to back worth with the test and reset buttons - that's why I took it inside with a regular wall plug.