Nailer not nailing

Old 05-15-03, 04:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nailer not nailing

I was using my Arrow nailer model ET100 to install 1/4 round moulding. It worked fine in assorted positions UNTIL it came time to nail the moulding by the kickboard under the cabinets. For whatever reason it would not fire a nail and the trigger pull was the same as though it were unplugged. When I took it out from under the cabinet it would readily fire a nail into a piece of waste wood. The only obvious difference to me was that I had to force the nailer under the cabinets to get it close to the moulding. I e-mailed Arrow sometime ago asking for their thoughts BUT they apparently are too busy to answer. Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 05-15-03, 07:14 PM
C
If there is a safety to be depressed in order to fire, you may not be making the proper contact. Is the power cord pulled loose at the gun?

Old 05-15-03, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
sandy2000:

I've owned a couple of those and when they wear out, the push ram overrides the nail and gets stuck.
I would use a small screwdriver to push it back untill I get frustrated enough to get rid of it.

Old 05-16-03, 03:03 AM
Eureka!

The nose of the nail gun depresses slightly. I just tried using the
nailer holding it tight against a board with the nose piece depressed and without the nose piece depressed. The nose piece must be fully depressed or the nailer doesn't work. It apparently works as a safety switch. Thanks for the idea!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: