5 1/2 inch cordless circular saws

Old 05-22-03, 11:53 AM
millertimeman
Visiting Guest
5 1/2 inch cordless circular saws

i am considering buying one of these. Looking for inexpensive ones under $100. Harbour Freight has an 18volt one for around $60. anybody have the HF one that can comment on it? I would just be using it occasionly to cut of some plywood or something.

any other brands that are good and inexpensive?

or any comments on these saws in general?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-03, 06:35 PM
Cordless

Hello. I can't comment on that particular saw but I have purchased HF tools (cordless) ones before. If you go with the inexspensive ones you'll be fine for what you want to do. Of course the more you use a tool of any type the better built you should buy. This means buying well know name brands like Skil, DeWalt and so on. For now that Ocean Pacific or what ever its called will do. Hoped this helped. HF is having a 50% sale at the moment.

Old 05-23-03, 04:51 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I happened on a set at Sears on sale that had an 18 volt cordless saw with a rip guide. Best addition to my tools I have made in years. I know its not top of the line stuff but for occasional use I don't know how I made it without this saw this long.....Mike

Old 06-05-03, 05:36 PM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
circular saws

in my opinion i would take that 60 bucks and go to a pawn shop and buy me a used dewalt/makita/millwaukee might have to chip in a few extre dollars or u might get lucky but would be a wise investment >u wont be ripping much plywood with cordless it's more suited for paneling .g luck