cordless finish nailers?

Old 06-19-03, 04:34 PM
cordless finish nailers?

ive been looking into the paslode and porter cable cordless impact finish nailers. (i like the paslode more, b/c of the angled head).

can anyone recommend a place to purchase one of these (or another of similar quaility)

even on ebay they seem to be going for at least 250...

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-03, 04:16 AM
The initial cost, plus the cost of fuel cells is exactly why I decided against cordless a few years back. If you think you may want more nailers (or other air tools) in the future, it may be worth looking into air nailers and a compressor. The only drawback is dragging those darn hoses around.

I started out buying just a framing and finish nailer with a compressor. That has now mushroomed into an air chisel, cup sprayer (amazing how well that worked for putting varnish on 6 panel doors; no runs), impact wrench, and tire chuck. I never regretted the decision to buy a compressor.

Bruce

Old 06-20-03, 04:53 AM
i agree, but then there is the cost, and storage space of a compressor.i guess its always something to consider..

Old 06-20-03, 08:40 AM
Here is something to consider. One of the Porter Cable cordless nailers, "The Bammer" I think, does not use a battery for spark. Instead, you push down on the gun a few inches, which 'generates' a spark.

This is a niffy feature. However, all that 'pushing down' is:
1. Tiresome.
2. Can cause you to be unsteady during a difficult setup shot.
3. Takes extra time (pushing time) for every shot.

On the other hand, it is a real niffy product if you have a need for portablity and if you are fed up with keeping fresh costly batteries on hand all the time.