shop vac

Old 08-19-03, 09:32 AM
ruby3000
Visiting Guest
shop vac

i'm not sure if i'm in the right forum.

i'min the market to buy a shop vac. i was just wondering what kinds you guys are useing. which one seems to be the best to get. i really don't need it to pick up water, just sand and dirt. like
garage floors and basement floor that are not carpented.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-03, 09:44 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi,

You can see some comsumers opinions on various styles from link below....

Link1

Link2

I just use a shop/vac brand for dogs hair/wood sawdust/etc....works ok for us.

jeff.

Old 08-22-03, 07:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Believe it or not, I found a Ridgid 8 gallon WD0800 that someone threw out, and I contacted Emerson and they sent me a new motor at no charge. LOL.

Ridgid warranties their product for life. I had to fight them a bit, but I did get the needed parts sent to me. 1/2 hour's worth of work to put the new motor in (was very easy, just a ton of screws) and I was in business. $50 machine free .

A week later, I found a WORKING ShopVac 700A with ALL the attachments. I simply cleaned the unit and put in a new filter. Fired up and worked great. I was all set to start taking it apart and getting my DVOM out to check things, but got a great surprise when I simply plugged it in (that it worked fine). LOL.

Old 08-22-03, 08:37 AM
Alot of the contractors around use a dry vac I think is called "Wasp" Very quiet and clean.

Old 08-29-03, 07:57 AM
Be sure to get one with a pleated paper cartridge filter. Those with a foam sleeve aren't worth having.