Turning Tool Sharpening

Old 09-02-03, 08:32 AM
Thumbs up Turning Tool Sharpening

This is not a question, but just my unsolicited opinion. I am a relatively new wood turner, and as such I have been having a difficult time keeping my turning chisels properly sharpened. Well, as a 35th anniversary present, my wife gave me a Wolverine sharpening jig. It is used in conjunction with a 6 or 8 inch grinder. This is the most wonderful gizmo to assist in sharpening my tools - especially bowl,roughing and spindle gouges. When properly adjusted (an easy process) it is very simple to maintain a consistent angle throughout the entire cutting surface of these round tools. The Wolverine is kind of pricey, but it is a well-made quality product. Don't wait 35 years to get one!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-03, 09:24 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: thiggy

Glad you found a product to do specialty tool sharpening work. The jib may also be worth having by other wood working enthusiasts and readers in the sharpening forum topic.

Since there is praise for the product and not scorn, would you mind using the reply button and providing other wood workers know where the product can be purchased?

Keep in mind that our entire web site is and can be read world wide. Providing a web site link would be perfect. If such is not possible, the address to write the company.

Do not provide nor include a phone number to the company. Doing so could present problems of which I will not get into details about here. Suffice it to say there would be a need to include an international nukber as well as a USA number.

Forums Admin & Sharpening Moderator. TCB4U2B2B Enterprises. "Accurate Power Equipment Company. Complete Saw and Tool Sharpening Services."

Reminder: "Work Shop Safety Is No Accident."

Sharpeners Quote:
"I can sharpen almost anything, except a dull mind."...

Personal Quote:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely. "The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 09-03-03, 11:15 AM
Oneway's Wolverine grinding jig can be purchased at any Woodcraft Store, Highland Hardware and most woodturning supply outlets.

http://www.woodcraft.com

http://www.highland-hardware.com

Last edited by thiggy; 09-05-03 at 03:57 AM.
Old 09-04-03, 12:51 PM
Admin Emeritus
Thanks thiggy

Much appreciated by myself and on behalf of anyone else whom has an interest in the product.

BTW:
I only asked not to include the phone number so as not having to include international prefixes, etc.

The diy web site is read world wide.....

Thanks.
Sharp Advice