Chfite question on particle masks?

Old 12-15-03, 03:48 PM
Chfite question on particle masks?

CH, when you told me about the "Masks" I did a search and came up with 3 masks. The Dustfoe 88 seems to be OK, even though you identified the "66". I couldn't find pictures of all 3.
Are these masks good for chemical warfare as well as dust or does it take a filtration system of a higher level? If I have to get one, and I want to, I might as well go all the way!
If the Dustfoe's don't `touch on all bases, what does?
Changeling

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-03, 04:38 PM
I see that the Dustfoe 88 has replaced the Dustfoe 66. When I replaced mine a couple of years ago, I did not notice that the model number had changed. I have had one of these for many years, 15 or so.

These masks are quite effective at keeping out airborne particles. At least as good as N95 in my opinion. The discussions show that the effectiveness is 99+% down to 1 micron. As I mentioned earlier, you cannot smell cigarette smoke through one.

They are not protection against organic products, such as poisons. Organic respirator cartridges fail based upon time out of the sealed package.

Even if you are wearing one as good as this, I think that the environment should be actively ventilated to keep the dust out, because it will collect on your clothes and you can carry it with you if you aren't careful.

As with anything else in the air, the smaller particles are the bad ones.

I would leave the chemical warfare masks to the chemical warfarists.

Old 12-16-03, 01:15 PM
Do you think this mask is as good or better than the cartridge type ones you see at sears for $30.00 or more?
You sold me on the idea, just want to cover all bases.
Changeling

Old 12-16-03, 02:17 PM
I am not familiar with what Sears sells, but this is a good mask and is comfortable to wear.