wet saw preferences

Old 01-25-04, 04:40 AM
flatius
Visiting Guest
wet saw preferences

Howdy to all,
I will be investing in a wet saw for remodeling my bathrooms/kitchen etc. max $$$ for saw i can spend...$600

I have looked at mk and also porter-cable. I would be interested in hearing feedback....pros & cons about the different brands/models.

regards.
flatius,
hadley, michigan

-7 below brrrrr

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-04, 07:41 AM
Tom_J
Visiting Guest
Flatius,

Saw your thread "dangling" and thought I would toss out my very limited experience.

Having borrowed a buddy's 4 1/2" wet saw for a bathroom project, I started looking a little myself. I can't recommend any specific brands to you but I did notice that some of the pricier models seemed limited in one respect if they have the sliding table guide that seems popular. The length of a diagonal cut.

The tiles that I laid down were 13" X 13" and 18" on the diagonal. Pretty large but because I laid my floor out in a "diamond" pattern, I had to cut a number of tiles across nearly the entire 18" diagonal. Fortunately, I was using a flat table style saw which proved effective, however, unless there's a workaround to the length of a cut that can be made on the sliding table style jobs, I would have had a problem.

Since the cutting process is slow, following my pencil marks for a straight cut was not a problem for me. In fact, I did have one tile in which I made seven cuts to fit around a wall. Took some creativity, as you might guess, but I was able to do it.

Not exactly a "definitive" response, but that's what I can offer.

Good luck with the search!

Tom