Air Compressor info.

Old 02-03-05, 02:53 PM
Fletch Lives
Visiting Guest
Air Compressor info.

I've read this forum up and down and am about to make my first compressor purchase. Thinking about a 20 Gal Puma Cast Iron pump for $350. It is an oil pump and states 5.5 cfm.

My usage plans are to build a large deck off of my house, possibly use it to paint the house, and then general weekend warrior stuff. I have access to several air tools and would like to buy things once, but break as little of the piggy bank as possible.

Questions: Is the Puma PK 5020 a good unit? Since I am not into professional uses and really want it around to play with as much as use for work (minus the deck), is it enough / too much compressor? Would I be better off renting a sprayer to paint the house and just get the small Hitachi w/ framing nailer Home Depot has for $500?

Any thoughts or suggestions wil be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-04-05, 06:08 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
My 2 cents worth

Hi
Here is what i would do
1. If i have problem can i get it service close by, what is the warranty
I have a compressor i got at sears. it does the job it a 20 gallons tank and have no problem
If i do there a sears close by and there warranty is very good.
It's your choice.

cheers

pg

Old 02-04-05, 11:03 AM
Fletch Lives
Visiting Guest
I would be buying this from an established local tool store where the guys actually seem to know their stuff. It has a 1 year warranty and they sell replacement parts there from what I understand.

Old 02-07-05, 08:47 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Paint the house?

You mentioned paint the house with air. Don't even consider it. You'll put as much paint in the air as on the house. Also you'll have to thin the paint down to the point it will take 4 coats to equal what an airless sprayer can in one coat. Definitely rent the airless to paint the house.
Look at the air tools you may want in the future and see how many CFM they require, Then use this info. to determine what size compressor you want to buy.
Hope this helps,
Mike A

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: