which chainsaw to buy

Old 02-09-00, 07:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Red face

I am gonna buy a chainsaw soon. I have never owned one but have used a few. what features do i look for? brand names etc.. I plan to use it occasionally this summer and alot in the fall, for clearing trees.
Also, how is craftsman/poulan? worth buying?

thanks
Dennis

------------------

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-00, 04:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Rooney:
I have used a Poulan for over 20 years. I am on my third one. They always start. They are one of the best on the market.

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 03-27-05, 04:08 PM
Id suggest a stihl or echo. Top of the line..

Old 03-27-05, 04:44 PM
GiantScale,
If nothing else, I know the trees they were going to cut are quite a bit larger by now. Those posts were from 5 years ago. The date of posts are in the upper left corner of the post. LOL

Old 03-27-05, 05:30 PM
Group Moderator
I have to agree with GiantScale. Stihl saws are the best. My dad was constantly going through chainsaws of all brands. Since he got a Stihl, he's had no complaints. Their chains cut like butter.

Ha Ha! I just read that this post is 5 yrs old. That's funny. Oh well... just adding to the archive then I guess. LOL

Old 03-29-05, 07:54 PM
hahahaha I find most of my info with searches. Just didnt want people thinkin a Poulan was a top notch saw. Iv trashed a few including a weedwacker. Nothing personal Rooney.

My old stihl 056 refuses to die & my 200T is the only one handed saw available i believe.

Old 03-30-05, 05:56 AM
Depending on your budget, the little Craftsman/Poulan saws will get the job done, just a bit slower. Automatic oiling is a must-have feature and buy several chains, so a sharp one is always available. Use an ax to clean off any mud or dirt and never let the chain contact the ground or a rock.

Since you are clearing, invest in several 20'x5/16 logging chains to drag the trees out of the area to be cleared. Do not drag/carry trees by hand if possible.

Old 03-31-05, 07:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Husky fan here,,, get one with at least 41cc and 14" bar,