Lazer Guided Cutting Problem

Old 02-28-04, 07:27 AM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
Miter Saw ......grrrrrrr

It's very sad i have to do this. But just bought a Ridged Miter saw and just got done assembling it. I studied this laser spindle and what it does, It spins at high rpm's and supposed to show you where the blade is gonna cut the wood. But according to where it's mounted , it's about 3/8" away from the blade line. How do you adjust this... ?????????????????? any help ? I can't stare at this instruction booklet ANYMORE !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-04, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
Silicone:

Probably something simple.

What's the exact model?

Old 02-28-04, 09:00 AM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
Model #

MS 1065LZ

Old 02-28-04, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Unhappy Sorry but................

Silicone:

I was unable to find any info on your saw.

The Ridgid website has tech manuals but yours wasn't listed.

I have been where you are with other things and would suggest a long break for a fresh look or failing that the website has some contact numbers or your paperwork may have a local repair depot listed.

Let us know how you make out.

Old 02-29-04, 09:36 AM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
HELP.......................DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS ?

Old 02-29-04, 06:28 PM
Tom_J
Visiting Guest
Silicone,

You do realize that the laser replaces the outside washer on your blade, don't you?

P.S. Don't scream. It's undignified.

Tom

Old 02-29-04, 08:16 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
The laser is aimed toward the edge of the blade so it aligns with the blades final cut location. As long as the blade and mitre alignment is set and the laser is installed correctly, it will work fine.

Old 03-01-04, 03:40 AM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
AHH HAH......................so that's why the picture in the book, does NOT show the washer ....in the instruction book. It kinda looks like you're supposed to put it there..

I really wish they would put that in BOLD type some where... geezus.. ANYWAY.........thanks guys for your HELP.........

Old 03-01-04, 05:28 PM
Tom_J
Visiting Guest
Silicone,

You "screamed" again. (I would have, too.)

Glad we got you fixed up.

Tom

Old 03-01-04, 10:53 PM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
Well.............

Well guys.........i was wrong and so were you... Looks like i'm gonna have to call the RIDGID........hotline.. I took the washer out, and there's a space there, and the blade wobbles. So that's not the CURE.................. (figures)

Old 03-02-04, 06:27 AM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
Egg on my face

Lesson learned !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never drink beer and try to put a miter saw together......... thank GOD i can sit here and remain annonymous... ******life goes on *********

************* THREAD CLOSED ****************

Old 03-02-04, 09:21 AM
Tom_J
Visiting Guest
Silicone,

You've got my curiosity going, now.

Did you get the saw set up properly, or not?

Tom

Old 03-02-04, 10:27 AM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
YEP...... i skipped right over the part where it says , the lazer mechanism replaces the outside washer.. I'm in the printing business, and they need to re-design their manual. Or i need to pay attention better..... What is that other washer for ? You throw it out ?

Old 03-02-04, 04:20 PM
Tom_J
Visiting Guest
Silicone,

Keep it. The other washer is the normal retaining washer. Since you have the laser, there should be no need for it ever again, however, I've learned that I'm not always right about those types of decisions.

P.S. I'd be lying to you if I said I'd never had a cold "frosty", or two, while woodworking, but you came pretty close to screwing up, big time, where the "wobbly blade" came in. Be careful and safe out there.

Tom

Old 03-02-04, 09:06 PM
bungalow jeff
Visiting Guest
Silicone,

I got the 14" Ridgid for Christmas and I wanted to murder the tech writer that put that manual together! Everything from the print clarity to the assembly order was crap.

I feel your pain.

Old 03-02-04, 11:03 PM
Silicone
Visiting Guest
Did you notice all the "disclaimers" were in the right place though ?
At least i don't feel alone. I go through everyday life rolling my eyes at the way things are designed. If you want to see a guy that goes through more pain than i do, then go to

http://baddesigns.com Very entertaining"