Wet saw

Old 03-02-04, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wet saw

I'm in the market for a wet saw.....any suggestions....I was looking at home depot and the price's went from $88 up to $700...
I kinda had my eye on Plaspugs pro series (hometime) for $198 It is a one horese power...Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-04, 06:38 PM
Resaw
Visiting Guest
Thomas.
What kind of a user are you? Home owner? Contractor? Part time contractor? And what will you be using the saw for? I have a MK 1080 10" wet brick/paver saw, which can also be used for tile if you change the blade. My suggestions for HEAVY use would be MK, and there are other brands too, i am sure. But MK is what i am most familiar with. The $700 saw was probably a QEP? At HD?
It all depends on what you'll use it for, and how much you will use it. MK also makes 10" wet tile saw, and they make small tiles saws too.

Old 03-12-04, 05:04 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Like Resaw says, depends how much you will be using it.

I bought a cheap little $100 wet saw at Home Depot and it works OK for the few times I use it. What I really like about it is that the table tilts to 45; used that when I was tiling a wall with an outside corner and no trim that I liked was available. Downside is that the blade runs in a pan of water under the saw, sending quite a spray; very messy.

Bruce

Old 03-20-04, 08:36 PM
crossroads545
Visiting Guest
wet saw

i dont do to much tile so i didnt want to spend tons of money. i just bought a workforce 7 inch wet saw model wd 850 for about 290.00 worked great for what i was cutting. cut true also. it cuts tile up to 15 inches. the head,or motor is from 90 degrees and can be tilted to 45 degrees. so far so good with it . good luck