Circular saw runout

Old 05-25-04, 06:34 PM
rkh99
Visiting Guest
Circular saw runout

When using my circular saw on a cut of anything more than a few inches, it constantly wants to turn out to the right and ends up binding the blade. What am I doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-04, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
rkh99,

I would first check for excess play in the shaft. With the saw unplugged check to see if the shaft has any detectable end play.
You could also try a different blade to see if that changes anything and then maybe try to see if you are possibly not using a good cutting technique.
A straight edge clamped or tacked to the board being cut may tell you something.

Old 06-08-04, 12:14 PM
rsanford
Visiting Guest
Drag on the power cord could cause this as well. So could a dull or warped blade. I remember about 12 years ago using some "Lightning" blades which would heat up, warp and bind up on anything more than a pine 2x4. They were total ****, and the lumbreyard I worked for put a "free" sign on the entire case we had purchased after we figured it out. Fortunately we had only sold a couple to customers by then. That was my first lesson never to trust a salesman, as he really pushed them.

Old 07-06-04, 03:12 PM
Otoe
Visiting Guest
My guess would be the blade. What you're describing is what happens to chain saws when they need sharpening.