Craftsman Table Saw

Old 09-20-04, 10:36 PM
titanxt
Visiting Guest
Craftsman Table Saw

I recently purchased an entry model Craftsman brand table saw. I am a basic do-it-yourselfer and my needs are simple. I am pleased with the accuracy of the saw for the most part except for the miter gauge has some play. It is enough to effect the sqaureness of the cut.

Is there any way to correct for this? A jig that is based off the rip fence instead of the miter or something?

Thanks!

titanxt

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-04, 06:49 AM
I always use a sguare against the blade and then against the fence on the miter gauge for setting it up I never use the built in settings.

you can also buy a better quaility miter gauge like the inca but it might cost as much as your table saw and not be needed for your level of craftsmansip

check out some of theses tablesaw books that fine woodworking publishs they have lots of good tablesaw techniques

http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/s...cat=PowerTools

no need to buy them check and see if your local library has them ours has a good selection of woodworking books

Old 09-22-04, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
titanxt,

If you are referring to the whole mitre attachment as being sloppy and not just the setting, you could make your own for 90 deg, or any angle for that matter, out of hardwood.

I built a 90 deg mitre attachment for my small shaper that didn't come with one.
I used red oak and it works just as good as a store bought one I'm sure.

Would be a good project.