Paslode 900420 Impulse Cordless Framing Nailer

Old 10-29-04, 04:16 PM
john h
Visiting Guest
Paslode 900420 Impulse Cordless Framing Nailer

I'm considering buying a Paslode Impulse Cordless Framing Nailer for use around the house. I will b framing in an attic area as a den and like the idea of no hose/compressor. I've found a couple places in the net that sell it for $350. Anyone have any input to share on this product.

Thanks-JH

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-04, 09:21 PM
Ruff Neck
Visiting Guest
I am not overly familiar with the Paslode cordless nailer. I have talked to people who have and they seem satisfied however, I personally have not used a cordless nailer. All of my nailers (framing, finish and brad) are Porter Cable air types. If you have never purchased a framing nailer the caveat is how easy to find and cheap or expensive are the nails for it. Some nailers have special nail types that can only be found at certain stores. Primarily the differences in the nails are head type, the angle that they are fastened together and how they are fastened together wires or paper. The one nailer that sticks in my mind that is the most ununiversal is the Bostitch framing nailer. This is the reason I chose the Porter Cable framing nailer because it uses the most common type of nails. I am not sure if Paslode accepts the most widely used framing nails but it is a question that you may want to ask to help you make your decision.

Old 11-01-04, 10:49 AM
john h
Visiting Guest
thanks for the input. i'll look into what variety i would have on nails. i do know they are paper coated-jh

Old 11-02-04, 05:19 PM
Same nails for both

The CH nails that fit the IMCT can also be used in the F350S which is pneumatic. The Paslode nails are excellent fasteners but are a bit more expensive. With the cost of the fuel cells and batteries, the IMCT is a bit more expensive method of driving nails, but perhaps the convenience of not dragging a hose is worth it.

Old 11-04-04, 06:37 AM
I have one and I love it. The only time nails are overly costly is when you have to use galvanized. Otherwise, I buy Senco and they work well. I love this gun for remodeling and framing alike. I don't think you will be disappointed at all with it.

Old 11-04-04, 10:47 AM
john h
Visiting Guest
thanks for all the input everyone-jh

Old 11-05-04, 05:01 PM
John, that nailer will pay for itself with the first big project. Check out www.hssupply.com, they seem to have the cheapest prices and I bought the finish paslode from them with no problems. Good luck.