Laser Enhancing Glasses

Old 11-01-04, 02:00 PM
Cheruki
Visiting Guest
Laser Enhancing Glasses

Does anyone know if these glasses actually allow you to see the laser line outdoors during daylight hours, or do they only enhance the line when used indoors or when natural light is faded? I purchased several pieces of laser equipment which all work great, but the laser is a moot point unless I want to work after dusk. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Old 11-01-04, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Welcome to the world of cheap lasers.

The glasses that are provided with laser equipment are to filter the laser light to protect your eyesight.

Lasers that are used in the construction industry cost in the thousands of dollars compared to the tens of dollars for homeowner type units.

I know.......................I got sucked in myself.

I have had a small transit level for years and really thought I had something when I spent $99.00 on a laser unit with tripod and scale.
Boy did I feel dumb when I got someone to help me with a little project in daylight hours.
Fifty feet away and not a sign of laser light anywhere.

Out came the old transit.

Old 11-04-04, 03:04 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
My David White laser transit came with a receiver unit. It senses the laser even in full sun when you can't see the "red dot". It has it's own indicators to show you where the beam is, and it beeps to tell you if you are holding the receiver high or low. You might try buying one, but I'm not sure how much you want to spend.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: