Pole chainsaw

Old 11-19-04, 10:38 AM
Pole chainsaw

I would like to purchase a pole chainsaw for my husband for Christmas. I have read reviews on the McCulloch 10" electric and also the Remington 8" electric. Can you recommend either of these? Electric vs gas? weight? It will be used for personal pruning of palm trees that are out of reach and small to medium limbs on neighboring trees. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-04, 11:02 AM
Thumbs down

Ah yes Palm trees down here. I got a Remington elec. 8"on a 15' pole $99.00. The small saw works very well. But on the pole foget it. Have tried the others and its the same thing. When you put say 15lb on a pole and then run it out to 15 ' It take more than I have to hold it up and out. One of my sons said thats the end after cutting 3 palm faun off.
Most all of the tree guys here go for the small gas chain saw and put on pole climbers

Electric or gas both the same .Dont work like you think.

Ed my .02 cents

Old 11-22-04, 10:11 AM
Lee Lamb
Visiting Guest
I chose the Remington

I use a Remington four or five times a year with no problems. It is kind of a cheaply made tool but it does work well. I wish it would extend even further but it would probably cause a hazard. Wear safety gear: hardhat, safety glasses, etc... and PAY ATTENTION! Good luck.