Looking for handtool....

Old 12-07-04, 05:15 PM
johnnynodough
Visiting Guest
Looking for handtool....

I have been looking for a screwdriver, phillips # 3 head with an 8 inch shaft (not overall length. So far I havent found it anywhere. Anyone know where I can get one? Snap On, Matco, Mac, Klien, SK, Craftsman, Husky, Stanley, and all lines of Cooper tools do not make it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-04, 05:22 AM
Have you tried making one up using a 1/4" drive socket set?

Use a 6" extension with a 1/4" socket on it. Get a #3 phillips bit for a cordless drill and stick it in the socket. Attach a drive handle or ratchet and you're in business.

Old 12-08-04, 12:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
I have 8" in a set of 6 screwdrivers. Label "Workforce" - bought in Walmart about 2 years ago. I also have a 10" no-name bought cheap in a big local toolstore called KMS tools.
I like Dave's answer, but that often won't fit into a small hole (seems to be where many phillips screws are)

Old 12-08-04, 12:44 PM
I've also seen long phillips bits for cordless drills. I have a 4" which I use quite a lot and I've seen them even longer. I don't recall seeing any #3's but I wasn't really looking for one.

Old 12-08-04, 03:46 PM
johnnynodough
Visiting Guest
Looking for single piece, not a big fan of extensions and bits. Hate the wobble.

That set you found, are those 8 inch overall length or 8 inch shaft? WorkForce is a really crummy brand, but I will take what I can get now. Would prefer USA made. Thanks

Old 12-08-04, 06:06 PM
The set was assorted, 6" and 8" in # 2 phillips, 6" and 8" #3 phillips and 6' small flat and 8" larger flat. They were cheap, less than $8 for the set, as I recall they had lots of different assortments and I got this set for the hard to get 8" size. I have no idea where Workforce is made, but how can you go wrong with a simple screwdriver for less than $2. I wasn't planning on doing any hi-tork stuff with them.

Old 12-09-04, 06:50 AM
I have a Craftsman #3 Philips with an 8" shaft. It's an older model with the skinnier handle and a knob on top. They still carry that type.

Old 12-09-04, 08:58 PM
I saw the tool you want today in HD. It was in a set of 7 screwdrivers by Fuller Canada, called 'Pro 300' . The set was 24.95. The HD tool guy told me the #3 - 8" Phillips is available on it's own for about 8.95, but they didn't have one in . I guess if it sells in HD Canada it should be available in HD USA ? Good luck