Rotary Hammer

Old 01-05-05, 01:03 PM
Rotary Hammer

I am looking to buy a Rotary Hammer drill. I am currently looking at the Bosch 7/8 In. SDS-plus Rotary Hammer Model 11224VSR. I have read great reviews about this tool. Is bosch considered the best when it comes to Hammer drills? Does anyone have any experience with the Bosch hammer drills? Beside being made in Germany is there any thing wrong with this drill?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-05, 01:39 PM
I have no experience with the Bosch hammer drill but, all of the other bosh tools I have used have been great.

Old 01-05-05, 03:02 PM
I agree with WeldGod, most of my Bosch tools have been great. The only exception is my random orbital sander, which sands great, but the on-board vacuum does a poor job of collecting the sawdust. The Porter-Cable (different design) does a much better job with the sawdust.

Old 01-05-05, 03:55 PM
I have a Bosch variable speed hammer drill, and it works very well. Mine has the electronic variable speed dial. It will also hammer without drilling, which is nice for chipping work with a chisel attachment.

The only thing better that I have used is a Hilti hammer drill. The Hilti seems to have better speed control when the trigger is first pulled. The smooth start keeps the bit from wandering.

Old 01-05-05, 05:57 PM
Bosch has made excellent tools for years.A friend of mine owned a rotary hammer of theirs,until it was stolen out of his truck at a Home Depot.He had all the attachments including what we called the "ground rod driver".Although some are priced like a Mercedes-Benz I dont seen anything wrong with any tools made in Germany.I'd rather buy their tools than those made in China

Old 01-05-05, 08:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi everyone,
-I've used 2 different Bosch hammer drills (not the one mentioned though), they were very good, but then I rented 3 different Hilti's to compare. I ended up buying a Hilti TE10 for $395. The comparable Bosch was about 100 more.

Do it Right - Do it once

Old 01-06-05, 02:56 AM
I'd rather buy their (German) tools than those made in China

Got that right. Too bad so many others do not feel the same way.

Old 01-06-05, 08:53 AM
Thanks

Thanks for your help. I would much rather buy German tools than China tools, but I would rather buy an American tool than a German tool. I just hate the idea of supporting the Germany economy after what they have done to the USA for the past couple of years.

Old 01-06-05, 12:37 PM
Hey hawk,excellent point made about buying U.S. 1st. I was kinda thinking the same thing when I was typing my last post.But I didnt want to turn this into a political forum,LOL. And now that we're on that subject I would'nt buy anything French made either.

Old 01-06-05, 02:37 PM
I have that tool

I bought the Bosch 7/8" rotary hammer refurbished and use it occasionally.

I have only used it with 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" SDS bits and am very satisfied with the performance. I typically drill through the lumber and on into the concrete behind it so that the holes line up for concrete anchors.

Old 01-06-05, 05:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
c'mon IBM, -don't keep us in suspense- how much of a deal didya get ?

Old 01-11-05, 05:57 AM
Lol

I hear you ampz and couldn't agree with you more.