Brushes for old Sears Craftman Miter

Old 01-26-05, 09:00 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Brushes for old Sears Craftman Miter

This is my first post and looking through the forums, looks like a good place to ask questions.

I have an older Sears 8 1/4 Miter saw made by Black and Decker and need to replace the brushes and caps. Model is 900.233550 and Sears doesn't have the parts anymore.

I can find the caps but can't find the brushes or the brush holders anyway (including Tools Parts Direct).

Any suggestions where to find them or maybe some other brand would work (DeWalt, etc).

Your help is appreciated. I might be time to scrap this and get a new one.

Pete

Last edited by psal2; 01-26-05 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Introduction
Old 01-26-05, 01:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Hi psal2, and welcome to theDIY Forums,
-i often buy old tools at swapmeets etc. and found a good source for unusual or hard to get brushes are the guys who re-build auto starters and alternators.
Usually small or one man shops, they often welcome a chance to sell some old brushes, and even if they don't have are always interested to see old tools.
Most old brushes can be reconfigured as long as they're of the right material and bigger than the ones you're making.

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 01-28-05, 05:54 AM
P
I will check it out. I did find some brushes close to the size (Milwaulkee) that might work. But I will go to a local guy to see what he can do before I buy anything more for this saw.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: