articulating ladders

Old 01-08-05, 03:42 PM
articulating ladders

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm looking for some advice on buying a ladder.

I've been looking at the "arcticulating" ladders, which seem to offer good features of both step and extension ladders. I definitely need something for indoor use, and something for occasional outside (roof / gutter) access.

Any thoughts on the articulating ladder systems?

thanks,

-Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-05, 08:59 PM
I have found them to be heavier than the regular ladder that the articulating ladder replaces.

If you need the features offered by the articulating kind, go for it. If not, it may be cheaper and less tiring to buy a separate step and extension ladder.

Old 01-11-05, 07:50 AM
I have one (not sure of the brand) and I can't say enough good things about it. It is heavier but it gets sporadic use so this is a non issue for me. It folds up nicely and stores on hooks in my garage up and out of the way but still very accesible for when I need it. This can't be said about my other ladders which are more cumbersome so that they only get brought out when I really can't live without them.

I have also used it as a workbench and mini-scaffolding as is often seen in pictures and have really been pleased.

Old 01-11-05, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the responses.

I may try the articulating one. My use would only be occasional, but varied - indoor / outdoor, 4' - 10' heights, etc. The storage aspect is also a good sell.

I'll keep researching - thanks for the comments!

-Jim

Old 01-11-05, 08:27 AM
Here is one to look at. A bit "pricey" but seems to be the ultimate articulating ladder with rating and lifetime guarantee. Good luck.
I have seen cheaper ones at HD and Lowes.
https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vc...ladder/125756/

Old 01-11-05, 02:15 PM
The cheaper ladders at Home Depot are a Made in China ripoff of the original.

Old 01-11-05, 03:42 PM
Wow that little giant ladder is more funcational than mine. the one I have just folds into a variety of positions. It is billed as a 10 in 1 ladder and I got it at canadian tire for $150 CDN. The little giant is billed as a 24 in 1 and you can actually separate it in the center and create two separate ladders; something mine cannot do.

They are pricey but awfully versatile too. For example, I can put mine in the trunk of a car. I've only needed to do it once but it was handy that it could be done.

Old 01-18-05, 04:19 PM
I bought a Featherlite articulating one from HD. 8 recommended positions and Grade 1, rated at 250lbs: WCB approved. Have used that more than my extension ladder, of late. A definate +.

Old 01-28-05, 06:39 PM
RaiderZJ
Visiting Guest
Just a heads up on the "Little Giant Ladder". Werner makes the exact same thing. It is literally a copy of it. And about half the price.