Craftsman compressor

Old 02-16-05, 10:28 AM
bigwave
Visiting Guest
Cool Craftsman compressor

I have a 30 gal upright Craftsman compressor that is @ 4 yrs old. I have rebuilt the compressor and it has worked fine for the last year. I now cannot develop over @ 45 or so Psi and have air bleeding off from the back of the pressure cutoff switch assembly. I replaced this assembly and I still have the same problem. The only other thing connected to this assembly is a small air line from the check valve. Check valve next, suggestions on where to look next? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-05, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
What is the model is your compressor and maybe you can come up with a link that shows it.

The problem could be a dirty or defective check valve.
You might take it apart to inspect and clean it.

Old 02-18-05, 05:44 AM
bigwave
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply and info. I have all the paperwork for it just not at hand. I will explore the check valve maybe this weekend and go from there.

Old 03-24-05, 01:22 PM
bigwave
Visiting Guest
Sorry to take so long to get back. I removed the check valve and sure enough was defective visually. I had replaced it during the previous rebuild. I still had the old one on hand so I put it in. The original problem was then solved. Now the compressor runs but will not build up higher than @60 Psi. I broke down the compressor head and piston didn't look too bad but I also had spare parts to re-do the piston and o-rings again. I did this but still got the same result. I have no leaks. Runs but never builds above 60Psi. The only other thing I see in the mix is some sort of reed type valve located on the compressor head plate. I've got about $60 or so into new parts so far so I might as well keep going even though now this would only be my back-up compressor. BTW it's original rating is 135 Psi. Again I'm open for suggestions. Thanks!