Help finding old parts?


Old 03-04-05, 05:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Help finding old parts?


I'm am trying with little luck to locate a switch for a Craftsman circular saw model # 315.11860 I believe it was bought in 1972.

Does anyone know a good source for finding old Craftsman parts?

Thanks in advance for any help. It would make my boss's weekend if I can locate this part so he doesn't have to get rid of the saw.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-05, 06:03 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 20,247
Usually with a Craftsman saw, you need to go through the Sears Repair Center. They should be able to get you the right part. If not, you might find that the Craftsman saw is identical to a Black & Decker Saw of the same model. You might visit or give them a call, and see if they can cross-reference your part.

Or, see if this looks like your saw. They list 2 types of B & D #315.
Old 03-04-05, 06:18 AM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 9,693
Welcome Meg!

According to my list that 315 mfr code makes it made by a mfr called Ryan.
Close to 316 code which is Ryobi but not close enough.
I have the same saw that I purchased in '74 and I too will hate to see the day when it passes on.

Here is the parts list for that saw.
Try a Sears parts department and let us know how you make out.


When I try to view the parts diagram it is unreadable for me. Can you see it?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes