Tool belt advice

Old 03-28-05, 06:34 AM
Tool belt advice

I have been carryng my speed square in various places on my tool belt and I was wondering if there was a device to hold this item or if there was a trick that the pros use. I'm currently using the hold-down strap of my tape pouch. The tape and the square go good together since they're often used together.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-05, 07:55 AM
Group Moderator
Framers usually have several side pouches that hold various sizes of nails. Large items like a speed square usually just go inside one of these large pouches.

Old 03-28-05, 01:15 PM
There are special speed square holsters. I've never had room on my belts for them because they are wide.

There is also a speed square plastic clip, resembles a 4" paper clip or such. I bought mine at Home Depot for a couple bucks. However, I don't like it either.

I slip my speed square in the largest pouch on whatever belt I am wearing.

Old 03-28-05, 01:36 PM
I always keep the speed square in my leather nail/screw pouch. Those plastic clips are a pain because it makes the square a rigid item.

Old 03-28-05, 06:10 PM
I have not yet seen the straps on the back but they are supposed to "...easily attach to padded tool belts"

Last edited by majakdragon; 03-30-05 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-02-05, 07:43 PM
Editing

Did they edit out the cool picture of the square holder for Duluth Trading Campany? Ooops. Am I allowed to say that?

Old 04-04-05, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by slickshift
I have not yet seen the straps on the back but they are supposed to "...easily attach to padded tool belts"
I did see one this weekend, made by the same company sold under the Bucket Boss/Gate Mouth name in a local Hardware store
It has a nice big metal clip and two large straps
Looks like you would have no problems cliping it to a regular belt or a thick padded tool belt

Old 04-28-05, 12:09 PM
Friedrich
Visiting Guest
heh I find that my back left jean pocket holds a speed square quiet nicely.

that way it doesn't jab you when bending over.

Old 04-29-05, 08:18 PM
I carry mine in my back pocket. Putting it in my pouches either gets me stabbed in the ribs, hitting my knuckles on it or my favorite, it just falls out. The back pocket works fine.

Old 04-30-05, 01:54 AM
Jes Pidlin
Visiting Guest
I slip mine around back under my belt. Out of the way and easy to get to. Like some of the others, the pockets are nice if you are standing, but cause problems when you squat.