Cordless drill...

Old 04-14-05, 03:31 PM
brachypelmic
Visiting Guest
Cordless drill...

Not even sure if this is the right forum. Sorry if its not, but I have a really stupid question.

I use my boyfriends black and decker cordless drill for drilling holes in craft wood, I need to change the bit to a larger size, can someone tell me how to take the bit out and put another one in?

Laugh at me, I deserve it!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-05, 04:01 PM
countrymac
Visiting Guest
Brachypelmic,

I believe the drill you are using does not need a "chuck" or "key" to loosen the end for bit removal. You probabaly can loosen hold on the bit by twisting the nose of the drill (end near bit). Use both hands and unscrew like a jar. Otherwise, with larger drills there may be a key or chuck snapped onto the drill somewhere that will be needed to remove the bit. It will fit into a hole on the nose of the drill and need to be turned counterclockwise to loosen the bit. Hope that wasn't too confusing.
Good luck,
Countrymac

Old 04-14-05, 04:11 PM
brachypelmic
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by countrymac
Brachypelmic,

I believe the drill you are using does not need a "chuck" or "key" to loosen the end for bit removal. You probabaly can loosen hold on the bit by twisting the nose of the drill (end near bit). Use both hands and unscrew like a jar. Otherwise, with larger drills there may be a key or chuck snapped onto the drill somewhere that will be needed to remove the bit. It will fit into a hole on the nose of the drill and need to be turned counterclockwise to loosen the bit. Hope that wasn't too confusing.
Good luck,
Countrymac
Thanks so much! I feel pretty dumb, but your advice makes it worth it. I really appreciate it!