compound saw

Old 04-26-05, 03:41 PM
compound saw

i have a hitachi 10'' compound saw, i was just recently using it when it made a funny noise (metal to metal clank) when i used it again the blade keeps turning but does'nt stop like it used to. a friend told me that the brake part of it is broken and that it is no good anymore. is there a way of fixing the braking part of it or do i have to invest in another one??? any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-05, 03:55 PM
Call the nearest Hitachi service center:

1. What's the cost to repair if the problem is only the brake?
2. What typically causes the brake to fail?
3. What is the cost for a repair estimate?

Old 04-26-05, 04:08 PM
Evidently the brake on this unit can be problematic:

http://www.epinions.com/content_88247012996

even if repaired, it may not last. You may want to talk to a service center about the frequency of this repair before investing more money into the saw.

Old 04-29-05, 04:55 PM
mdesciscio
Visiting Guest
Yup sounds like the brake .

You can order a new one www.toolpartsdirect.com is a great site for parts.

Just look at a schematic of the model you have should be able to disassemble and reassemble easily.

Old 05-06-05, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by marin001
i have a hitachi 10'' compound saw, i was just recently using it when it made a funny noise (metal to metal clank) when i used it again the blade keeps turning but does'nt stop like it used to. a friend told me that the brake part of it is broken and that it is no good anymore. is there a way of fixing the braking part of it or do i have to invest in another one??? any help will be appreciated.
I have a buddy that used to have a Makita 10" with the same problem as yours. He had it fixed twice. Unfortunately, the parts used to fix it are the same as what came with the saw. Makita missed the boat on that saw.