Replacing drive belt on Ryobi 3x21 belt sander?

Old 05-30-05, 03:05 PM
Replacing drive belt on Ryobi 3x21 belt sander?

I have a new drive belt for my Ryobi BE-321 belt sander and it's not immediately obvious how to install this cogged belt. It won't just slip over the two pulleys and I don't see a way to loose and adjust one of the pulleys. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks, John

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-05, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator
John,

You might try putting the belt on the smaller pulley first and then hooking it on the larger one and then turning the drive roller to get it on.

Old 05-31-05, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestion...I tried that way first but the belt's just too tight. The solution was to remove the larger pulley, put the belt around the small pulley and the loose larger pulley, and then try to work the large pulley back on its shaft. To make that possible I had to knock the shaft down about and inch down and with the large pulley partway into the hole that the shaft/roller was pushed into, I was able to get the large pulley partway onto the shaft. Then I could knock the shaft/roller back to it's correct place and this also pushed the shaft through the large pulley. After that it was just a matter of tightening the nut.

John