Homelite c-91 chainsaw

Old 07-20-05, 04:29 PM
Artistic
Visiting Guest
Homelite c-91 chainsaw

Hi, I just recently aquired a Homelite C-91 chainsaw that was being chucked out. It doesn't start right now, but I'm quite sure I can get it going again. My question is does anyone have any information on this chainsaw? What I'm really looking for is if anyone knows how many HP and how much CC the engine is. Also anyone know what year it might be? It is quite heavy and looks quite a bit older than most chainsaws. Anyways, thanks for any replies - Andrew

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-05, 05:08 PM
I suggest that a C-91 is a 91cc chainsaw motor which is a HUGE saw motor. Compare it to a Honda 90cc motorcycle which is fairly small as motorcycles go.
If you were to weigh it, I would bet that it is 25-28 pounds, easily.
There is a chainsaw collector's web site, but I cannot locate it right now.

This is a unit that could easily mount a 48" (or longer) bar. Due to its weight, unless you have enormous trees to cut, a saw this large and heavy is unnecessary. Obtaining parts might be an issue as well.

Old 07-20-05, 06:03 PM
Artistic
Visiting Guest
Yes, it is VERY heavy for a chainsaw. I was thinking of using the engine in a mini bike or go kart. I have a 1983 100cc honda dirt bike and it goes very fast. Do chainsaws have centrifical clutches that engage past a certain RPM? I havn't realy opened this up yet, just taken off the starer(Pull start) to try and get it to wind back up properly.

Old 07-21-05, 05:10 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.ns...d?OpenDocument

Yes, it is a centrifugal clutch. Runs on 16:1 two-cycle mix. 5.22 cubic inch motor, no advertised h.p. The powerhead alone is 19 pounds. Operating r.p.m. is 6000-6500, so let that guide you if you put it into some kind of vehicle.
Manufactured from 1964-1966.
You might want to consult a motorcycle builder regarding mounting and gearing.

Old 07-21-05, 10:47 AM
Artistic
Visiting Guest
Thanks VERY much for the info