craftsman drill warantee

Old 09-05-05, 11:09 AM
walkendadoghome
Visiting Guest
craftsman drill warantee

OK so I looked around and I can't find anything I want. It might be because it doesn't exist.

What I want is some Sears/Craftsman documentation (of any kind) that shows their 23+ yr old corded drills carried a lifetime warantee.

My father passed away 23 years ago and the drills have been in a roll away ever since. last year I went to get a new chest and my mom said just take your dads. I opened it up and there were 4 drills (all the same) two of which were broke and two worked. Since I didn't by them and I was only 11 when he died I have no recolection of thier warantee policies back then.

My neighbor has a 1/2 chuck (mine are all 3/8) drill that only had a 1 year warantee (and it's about the same vintage). Anyone know of a lifetime warantee on their tools back then?

If they are lifetime I would like to get them replaced. Sears "can't" find anything on them at all.

-Charles

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-05, 11:23 AM
I dont think the craftsman lifetime warranty has ever applied to power tools . I belive it has always been a hand tool thing

Old 09-05-05, 08:30 PM
Nope. I dont ever recall encountering ANY power tool that came with a lifetiem warantee. The only exampl eof this was jsut recently, Where homedepot was offering a lifetime warantee on a certain rigid cordless drill, but this wasnt a manufacturers thing.

Besides, if they are THAT old, it isnt worth getting them repaired. I understand the sentimental value of them, but Its hard to Beat a milwaukee Magnum holeshooter for a corded drill.

Jim

Old 09-06-05, 04:21 AM
One year was the standard Craftsman warranty on their power tools in the '70s and '80s
Lifetime on hand tools

Old 09-06-05, 06:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If not mistaken all crasfstman power tools [elec or batt] carry a 1-2 yr warrantty, 90 days for most commercial applications. Most but not all hand tools have lifetime warranty.

Old 09-06-05, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by marksr
If not mistaken all crasfstman power tools [elec or batt] carry a 1-2 yr warrantty, 90 days for most commercial applications. Most but not all hand tools have lifetime warranty.
its "craftsman" tools that have the lifetime warranty "sears "handtools don't

Old 09-14-05, 01:42 PM
John LL
Visiting Guest
A very long time ago..50's, 60's, Sears power tools (drills at least) DID carry a lifetime warrantee. Only reason I know this I was at a Sears repair facility in south Florida about 10 years ago when a gentleman brought a broken Sears drill in with the original box..and pointed out (to the Sears guy) tha the lifetime warrantee was printed right on the box. The Sears guy said he had never seen such a thing, but he replaced the drill with a current model with a 1 year warrantee. I thought it was a hoot!

John L