devilbiss air compressor

Old 09-06-05, 09:25 PM
cheer
Visiting Guest
devilbiss air compressor

i have a devilbiss air compressor model 330. it is mounted on a tank that is stamped 1935. the tank is welded top and bottom but is riveted on the side.it has a 3 hp 220 v motor. there are four round button valves on comp. head. if anyone can tell me if valves have to be set or if i can find rings for comp. it would help. it still runs and i am worried about tank so have not tried more than 20 psi yet.the tank seems sound it is about 1/4 " thick.
thx

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-05, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
cheer,

It is entirely possible that it is safe to use but it really should be tested.
The only problem is that it would cost just as much to test as it would be to replace.
Depending if tinkering with this kind of thing is something you are able to do, you could buy a new tank and transfer everything else over.

The valves are reed valves and do not need setting.
I'm sure you could get replacement parts but considering the tank really should be replaced you would have to really take stock of what it would cost to put in shape.
Mind you I have built nearly every compressor I have and it's a hoot.

If you are able you could take a pic and post it on a free photo site for us to be able look at it.

Old 09-10-05, 05:38 AM
cheer
Visiting Guest
thx for info greg but i have a compressor man from work here and he just retired and has never seen these types of valves. he says they are not reed valves.i have contacted comp. repair shops in winnipeg and no one has seen this type of valve. i will keep looking and will mount everything on a dependable tank. thx for info
mike