Porter-Cable Model 543 help if possible

Old 09-09-05, 07:23 PM
confutatis
Visiting Guest
Porter-Cable Model 543 help if possible

Hello to all...

I just recently purchased a PC Model 543 bayonet saw off of Ebay. The variable speed wasn't working, so I purchased a new switch and that problem was solved. When I tried to load a blade in, I noticed that half of the "Quik-Change Blade Clamp" was missing (that half being the Jaw-Blade clamp). I purchased this piece and once I started looking into how to put it on, I realized that I would have to release the spring, fit that part in and then reinstall the spring. Taking it off was easy, but as I feared, putting back on has been a challenge I have yet to meet. The area is small and cramped, and the inserts for the spring pins are small as well. Getting the little pin in the collar of the setup is easier, but I can't figure out how to get the other pin of the spring into the little hole on the shaft.

Can the shaft be removed (it didn't look like it could be when I looked)? If not, any suggestion on how I can get this spring on?

Bless you if you can help :-)

David

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-05, 09:38 AM
confutatis
Visiting Guest
No ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 09-12-05, 06:28 PM
Group Moderator
Not sure what parts you're having trouble with, but if you need a schematic, here's a link: http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-b...ortercable/543

Maybe you can figure something out if you zoom in for a closer look.

Old 10-04-05, 05:52 PM
chris-tool-pher
Visiting Guest
Call Porter-Cable

From their site:

http://porter-cable.com/

Service Centers/Technical Information: (888) 848-5175

~Chris