Need help deciding between 2 tablesaws.

Old 09-27-05, 10:54 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help deciding between 2 tablesaws.

I am looking into buying a tablesaw since my little skilsaw died on me while putting down some wood flooring. It was a home depot cheap saw which I have been using for about 6 years now. I am probably going to buya craftsman table saw. I have narrowed it down to 2 saws the Craftsman 10 in. Table Saw OR35506 or the Craftsman Professional 10 in. Table Saw, Portable 21829. Should I not go for the portable saw and go for the OR35506? Any input would be great.

I using Sear's because I need to finish my project ASAP and I can pickup the saw @ my local sears store right away.

Here is sear's website for a side by side comparison.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...d1078581317=on

Please any imput would be great.

Old 09-27-05, 11:59 AM
D
I found a 3 possiblilty too. Here are all 3 models put together on one page.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...d1076258061=on

Any input would be great

Old 09-27-05, 12:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 847 Votes on 776 Posts
Both look like nice saws. The stationary saw will likely have more power, and would last longer than the portable one. The question is, do you have 4 sq ft in your garage or shop where the stationary saw can sit for the rest of your life? Is the garage or shop the only place you will be using the saw, and will you be able to have enough clear space around the saw to use it when you want to?

The benefit of the portable saw is that you can set it up outside where you have plenty of space, then bring it in and stow it away under your bench if need be. Or you can leave it set up just like the stationary saw would be. You can also throw the portable saw into the back of your pickup anytime you like, and go work at someone else's house with it. The drawbacks to the portable is the smaller electric motor, the smaller benchtop (important to have a large top when cutting large items) smaller fence and rails and it won't be solid as a rock like the stationary saw would be.

Either saw looks good, (the stationary saw is a SUPER deal for the sale price- If we didn't already have one in our warehouse I'd buy another!) if those are the choice you have narrowed it down to (the 3rd jobsite saw you mentioned looks cheesy compared to the others- their attempt to imitate the Dewalt portable, it looks like), so it's just a matter of you deciding whether you want / need the portability... because the stationary saw is the better quality saw. You're paying more for the portability... not for more power or higher quality.

Old 09-27-05, 01:07 PM
D
Thanks that sets it for me then I will mo0st likely get the stationary saw then thanks a lot for the input.

Dharma

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: