Rip Fence for Craftsman jigsaw

Old 10-19-05, 11:09 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rip Fence for Craftsman jigsaw

I have a Craftsman jigsaw model no. 135.17243 and I'm looking for the rip fence for it...does anyone know the item/model no. for the rip fence? I tried calling "so and so" and they were no help...amazing! I know I could prob. go to the store and ask but I was wondering if I could just find it online.

Old 10-19-05, 11:26 AM
Sears online sells a guide however it is only for the "all in one" tools from Sears. My jigsaw came with a guide but if I need to cut wider than the guide allows, I use a straight board clamped to the wood I am cutting. Good luck.

Old 10-19-05, 11:39 AM
D
Thanks! So in otherwords...(I was just thinking I might need it when I cut laminate wood)...maybe I won't necessarily need to buy the all in one from Sears right? And when you say to use a straight board clamped to the wood can you show me or further explain how to do that? Sorry...just a very newbie at all this stuff! I can just use something else that will help me keep the jigsaw straight and just make sure it is clamped down/not moving...or would it just be easier for me to buy the all in one?

Old 10-19-05, 11:58 AM
When using a straight board for a guide, you measure from the blade to the edge of the plate on the saw. Determine where you need to cut and add the above measurement to the cut line. Clamp the board onto the adjusted line and it will put the blade where you want the cut to be. Then just make sure you keep the plate on the saw against the board.

Old 10-19-05, 12:53 PM
D
is a straight board a "straight" piece of board or is a straight board something you can ask someone that you're looking for it like at HD or something and they won't look at you funny...?

Old 10-19-05, 01:24 PM
A straight board is just that. Straight. If you ask for one at HD, tell them what you are using it for and they will understand. The saw will cut as straight as the board is.

Old 10-19-05, 07:10 PM
something like this works well , I have a couple that I use
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...fcode=06INOSMX

seems like they where cheaper at home depot

Old 10-26-05, 12:02 PM
D
Cool!!!! Thanks!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title: