circular saw blade alignment

Old 10-30-05, 05:33 PM
circular saw blade alignment

just for grins I decided to have a look at how the blade on my circular saw was lining up with the saw guide. whoa baby! turns out I've got a good 1/8" difference between the front and back edges of the blade. not much of a problem when I'm cutting 'freehand' but against a guide it's another matter now that I think about it. now I understand.

saw is a B&D 7-1/4 2hp model 7391. I've long ago lost the manuals and can't find any help at the B&D site.

any suggestions for bringing the blade back into the straight and narrow?

TIA!

-art-

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-05, 06:09 PM
Group Moderator
Look at the schematic at http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-b...er/7391_type_3 and see if there is any adjustment if you loosen screws #27 and 49. It sounds like the body of the saw has moved.

Old 10-30-05, 06:52 PM
nice idea, but 27 & 49 are rivets - no adjustment. Looks like I may have to try bending the brackets they attach to. Figure it can't hurt any more.

Old 10-31-05, 10:24 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah it probably got dropped once and got bent. Good luck bending it back into shape!

Old 10-31-05, 01:17 PM
considering this thing's been through 2 x-country moves and a couple across town it's no wonder. Good news is that a couple of well-placed whacks with my sand-filled rubber mallet and it's probably as close as it ever was, considering this is just your basic homeowner's saw - from 20 yrs ago.

thanks for all the suggestions.