good tool belt??

Old 10-31-05, 06:55 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
good tool belt??

I am going to college for carprenty and am looking for a good tool belt to buy. I talked to a carprenter and he showed me his, but I forgot the name of it. He said it held everyhting he needed and was really comfortable, all I can remember is it had large suspenders and it was blue. Anyone know of a good toolbelt? Thanks

Old 10-31-05, 08:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 933 Votes on 852 Posts
In my opinion, the best toolbelts and suspenders are made by Occidental Leather. Just don't croak when you see their prices. Well worth it, however.

Old 11-01-05, 04:47 AM
you might want to wait , you may be able to get a deal thorough the school

Old 11-01-05, 09:05 AM
B
i am in school know and can probably get a deal but dont know what to get

Old 11-01-05, 03:02 PM
G
You need to make a list of the tool your going to be using first.
then find the best ones that will hold your most used tools.

Hammer.
Tape measure.
square.
punch.
scribe.
Screw drivers + -
calculator.
Flash light ?
Holster for your drill driver thing.

Something to pull out your nails ?

Old 11-01-05, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Votes on 48 Posts
I've been a tradesman for many years and my experience is that tool pouches and tool boxes are very personal items.
I associate with tradesmen in similar and different fields and almost everyone of us use something different.
Mostly because we all have different ideas about what to put into the pouch/box.

I would suggest you don't worry too much about it and maybe try what has been suggested by mango and GWIZ.
Once you really get into it you will know exactly what you need.

Old 11-01-05, 06:52 PM
Holding everything he needed

This seems to more describe a tool BOX than a tool BELT. This puppy is gonna be plenty HEAVY if everything that you NEED is hanging on your waist or shoulders.
For the first time around, get a simple 3-pouch leather holder with a hammer loop. Fill it with the basics: tape measure, pencils, chalk line, speed square, utility knife and a 20-oz. hammer with a wood handle.
In a separate 26" tool box with end-handles, put the REST of "everything he needed", not including power tools such as saws, drills and prybars. Adjust the tool box contents based on what's used and what's not. Carry that tool box to your work area and place it nearby. There will still be room in a simple pouch for a few nails or screws as needed.

Old 11-02-05, 01:22 PM
B
thanks for all the replys guys. I will certainly get a tool box as IBM5081 suggested since the bucket boss i have know is hard to tip on its side and slide in my locker without everything falling out. In reply to gwhiz i am looking for a belt to put my: hammer,tape,pencils,speed square or combonation square,small prybar, and some nails & screws. Also how can i keep my tool belt from halling my pants down, they all do it to me, even though i wear a regular belt around my jeans. Thanks for any tips guys.

Old 11-02-05, 01:53 PM
S
Old 11-02-05, 01:57 PM
S
Old 11-02-05, 03:31 PM
Suspenders (or braces as they are also called) are just the ticket. If you are working out in the wide-open spaces, the tools can hang at your sides as shown. However, if you must lean forward against a surface or step between studs, that position will hang you up. Slide those pouches around back to avoid becoming a "wide load" like I do.

Old 11-06-05, 06:58 PM
B
Thanks for all the great advice. I did buy a toolbox and I also ordered a toolbelt from amazon.com made by bucket boss. It's got big wide cushy suspenders and movable and detachable pouches and only cost $35 including shipping. Sounds too good to be true but I will find out when it comes I guess. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-06-05, 07:15 PM
S
The Bucket Boss is the same company that makes the Master Series from Duluth Trading Co., except for Duluth they make them in black
I have many Bucket and Duluth tool bags, holders, belts, and pouches
I have not yet been disappointed by them
I hope you are as pleased with yours as I am with mine

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: