Bosch Rotary Hammer Leakin Oil?

Old 11-23-05, 06:46 PM
kennyf
Visiting Guest
Bosch Rotary Hammer Leakin Oil?

hello, i have a bosch rotary hammer model #11224vsr, it served me well over the years, but the other day after about a hour of use. it started leakin oil from the side vent. is this a repairable problem, is it "do it yourself" or bosch serviciable only? the drill still runs strong and has a lot of life left in it. if it repairable is it worth the cost? or should i jus go new? thanks in advance kenny

Old 11-23-05, 07:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 939 Votes on 857 Posts
If you don't have a schematic, here's a nice pic of one:

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/image...sr.739.big.pdf

Not sure where the oil would be coming from... I've got a couple Bosch 11222VS's, but I do know that it's not worth sending in to Bosch to fix. I've never seen a tool that goes in for repair come back... they always say that it would cost $100 to take it apart to tell you what's wrong and another $100 to fix it, minimum. I think that way they get a lot of people to just say "keep it", and then they buy a new one.

If you feel brave enough, try taking it apart and see if you can tell where the oil is coming from and where problem is. If you get it partially torn down and realize you can't get to the problem, just put it back together- you can always send it in, why not give it a shot. Sounds like an o-ring or oil seal is shot, and you'll obviously need more oil. There's a lot of places online to order parts from. Besides, you'll need something to do during halftime tomarrow. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: