Blades For Cutting Oak and Studfinder

Old 12-10-05, 01:52 PM
Blades For Cutting Oak and Studfinder

Hello,
What type of circular or table saw blades is best for cutting oak newels and balusters for my replacement staircase? I want clean cuts.
And what do you think of these new type electronic studfinders?
I purchased one and found it hard to use and understand and threw it in the trash. I could swear I found the gas range and microwave on the opposite side of the wall using it. Are the old type with just a magnet enclosed in it still available?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-05, 08:40 PM
you should be able to find a great blade at a reasonable price here Good bang for the buck+a tutorial of sorts on blades.

As far as the stud finder goes they still sell the magnetic ones in the same place as the electronic ones. The electronic one I have[zircon] is maybe 20 or so years old and detects studs, pipes, and live wires,even behind tiled walls with the deep scan feature. You should have given it a chance,I don't do much cutting into walls with using it. They can be a little tricky to get used to though ,but are way better than using a magnetic one. It is easy to find a stud, not so easy to find a nail. at least for me

Old 12-11-05, 06:11 PM
Joneq,
Thanks, and I'll try the link.