Pressure washer

Old 01-04-06, 10:08 AM
Repoman75
Visiting Guest
Pressure washer

Can anyone recommend a good electric pressure washer for normal outside use (cleaning of deck, cement, siding, car) for a good price? If so, name model, price, and PSI.

Old 01-04-06, 06:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
All the experience I have had with electric pressure washers is the pressure. Some of the ones I have seen and used only produced about 1300 lbs of pressure. That's ok, but a gasoline powered unit puts out upwards to 2600 lbs of pressure, or enough to clean a deck, degrease an engine, etc. The pressure of the electric ones don't measure up.

Old 01-06-06, 01:53 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The electric ones are barely adequate
I have seen them claim 1600psi, which is not enough anyway, but the actual use told a different story, and not a good one
It will be a long and tedious deck cleaning process, unless you just need a little more pressure than the hose
Any tenacious mold or mildew on the siding or cement won't be affected by an electric-not enough PSI
Good for car washing though
Or maybe a one story house that's pretty clean anyway, no mold or stains or anything (1300PSI won't reach the second story with any power)

I'd recommend a gas powered PW of at least 2200 PSI

Old 01-06-06, 02:38 PM
Have used both. The low price ones emit a very low volume of water at a very high pressure. It takes a painfully long time to clean large projects with this low volume technique. I reckon it's akin to a dental water jet cleaner for your teeth. Same idea, high pressure, very low volume. Try cleaning your sink with that, lol.

The high price ones, (gas models, etc) emit a large volume of water at a high pressure. It will clean large projects fast and efforlessly.

Old 01-06-06, 06:57 PM
I have a Karcher 1600psi model. about $140. Iv'e used it on my one story vinyl sided home,two decks,patio bricks,lawn furniture, and my vehicles.
Does fine for me,but i haven't a gas one to compare it to.
For basic homeowner use i think it great

Old 01-10-06, 04:11 PM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
all i'll say is " some machinery does not like to be ignored" that goes ten fold for pressure washers and airless paint sprayers. if you won't use it regularly, don't buy it.

Old 01-10-06, 06:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 404 Votes on 360 Posts
Personally I prefer gas, not just for the added power but I don't think water and electricity play well together - how well do you trust a GFI?

I have never had problems with any equipment that was stored for a long period PROVIDED it was put up properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: