Craftsman battery compatibility/Replacement Drill

Old 01-08-06, 11:09 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Craftsman battery compatibility/Replacement Drill

The batteries for my Craftsman 13.2 V cordless drill are dying a fast death. (I can't really complain as I've had it for 8-10 years.) They are number 981563-000. I have a chance to get a new number 981563-000 battery for a decent price. Does anyone know if these are compatible?

Also, instead of replacing the batteries I'm thinking about getting a replacement drill/saw combo set as I don't have a decent saw. I'm a casual home user, so don't need anything serious like the $300+ Dewalt systems. Any suggestions on what I should look at?

Thanks,
-Steve

Old 01-09-06, 06:02 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 408 Votes on 364 Posts
Hey Steve

I would guess they are compatible but would recomend taking your drill to sears [even if you don't purchace the battery there] to find out for sure.

Before you plunk down money for a cordless saw, be sure it will do what you expect. Cordless saws can be very handy for small jobs but as the battery looses juice so does the saw loose cutting ability. For me unless you are only making a few cuts I'm better off using an extension cord and a good saw.

Old 01-09-06, 07:05 AM
if your drill is 8-10 yars old I wouldnt evan think of replacing the battries . replacing it would be the most cost effective move.

I have a ryobi multi tool kit that I have been satisfied with
no you cant use the saw all day on one charge but with two battries you can always have one fully charged .

Old 01-09-06, 09:53 PM
S
Thanks for the info - I don't expect the use the saw for heavy-duty cutting. But having something to take care of the misc 2x4 instead of the hand saw would certainly be nice.

-Steve

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: