Air stapler?

Old 03-23-06, 07:00 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air stapler?

Is there an tool (air tool?) that shoots those big rounded staples used to attach welded wire fencing to wood fence posts? If so, what are the staples called?

Old 03-23-06, 07:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
I don't know of any stapler that shoots the horseshoe type staples we use for fencing. Gosh, wish I did. Sure would save alot of fingertips from getting busted. I use a Bostitch that shoots a 3/16" narrow crown (rounded) staple, but unless you hit it square over the fencing, you will have a blowout, and I'm not sure if the light staple would do the holding you want.

Old 03-23-06, 08:09 PM
Most of the pneumatic staples are rectangular in shape. The narrow-guage staples are 18-guage. Medium-crown (7/16") and wide crown (1") staples are 16 guage and are available in 2" length, though 1.5" length of leg is more prevalent.
I would choose a medium crown (7/16" or 1/2") stapler with galvanized 2" leg length installed with the crown on a vertical slant across the welded wire for maximum holding power. I have never tried it, so I do not know how well it would hold, particularly with any splitting that may be present in the post. That staple crown is only 16 guage, so the first time that an animal bounces off the wire, it could break through the staple crown leaving the staple legs fully embedded.

Old 03-24-06, 11:47 AM
Here's a non-air tool:
http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/produ...52083595372494

I did not know these existed (and have no used for one). It's a hammer-powered tool with a magazine which contains strips of normal fence staples. No fingers touch the staples. You might see if it will work for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: