I need a generator?

Old 05-12-06, 05:31 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question I need a generator?

I need a generator for my wife's CPAP maching and a small 110 window air conditioner if we have a power outage. Can someone recommend what size I should look at. I was thinking 5000 watt and 10 hour run time on half power. A CPAP machine is for her sleep disorder. Thanks everyone.

Old 05-12-06, 07:58 PM
M
I think you should find out how many watt/amps the AC pulls when the compressor kicks in before buying the gen.
Mike

Old 05-13-06, 06:03 AM
If you do not suppress the noise that a generator makes while in operation, she will have another type of sleep disorder.
Many of your neighbors may not also have generators and will open their windows to stay cool. Same problem.

You must not run the generator inside your home or garage. The exhaust must be vented outside and the unit itself should be located under cover. Add the cost of a small shed to the price of the generator. Fuel storage will be an issue as well.

Old 05-14-06, 08:02 AM
S
Depending on the electronics in the CPAP machine, you may also run into wave problems

I would suggest looking into the Honda line of Super Quiets
The ones with the inverter technology (can run sensitive electronics off of them) and the eco-throttle

They are not cheap, but are not your average generators

Old 05-15-06, 09:37 AM
Yamaha also makes some very quiet inverters at lower cost than Honda. Inverters also have improved fuel efficiency at light loading because they can slow down the motor and still generate the required output.

Old 05-15-06, 09:45 AM
I came accros this site , it might help you decide

http://electricgeneratorsdirect.com/...ctportable.php

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: