Spray Paint Gun Info Needed

Old 05-24-06, 11:45 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Spray Paint Gun Info Needed

I’m tired of having to dilute latex paint so I can use it with my Wagner electric paint gun. I know Wagner makes bigger models these days that you don’t have to dilute the paint, but I’d rather spend the money on a decent paint gun. I have a 5 hp compressor with a 30 gal tank. I’ve never used or looked at spray guns until today I Googled them. I see two kinds. Siphon and gravity. The gravity units look awkward to use. My use would be for painting my house, and possibly spraying on stains for the deck and shed, but the old Wagner would still work fine for those.

What are some good brands to look at?

Why is it always recommended to use a min of 5 hp/30 gal tank compressor? I’m thinking of getting a much smaller compressor to put in my shop.

This is what I have in mind, but am open to learning.

So far, I’ve found Zhipp, Northern Industrial and Campbell Hausfeld brands. Does one stand out over the other?

I’m seeing the term “Convertible from non-bleeder to bleeder style”. What does that mean?

Last edited by wingspar; 05-24-06 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-24-06, 05:27 PM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
None of the types you have mentioned are a good choice for house painting

For that type of painting you would want an "airless" sprayer

http://www.o-geepaint.com/Sprayers/Sprayers.shtml

Old 05-24-06, 05:41 PM
W
Originally Posted by slickshift
None of the types you have mentioned are a good choice for house painting

For that type of painting you would want an "airless" sprayer
Yikes! I’m looking for something I’ll probably use maybe once a year or less often. I’m thinking well under $100. Latex painting for a homeowner here. But I know absolutely nothing about this subject.

I’m thinking something like the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 7th ones on this page. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/ch_air_paint.cfm Why wouldn’t these work for what I want to do?

Old 05-24-06, 06:06 PM
S
It's not a "I'm a pro and used to the big guns" thing
It's a "that's the wrong type of sprayer for house painting" thing

Those things are not meant for latex painting, homeowner or professional

Really, I'm not trying to bring you down here

The airless' have homeowner models under $500
Maybe even $300

The products you are looking at are the wrong tools for the job

Old 05-24-06, 06:12 PM
nap
It's not a "I'm a pro and used to the big guns" thing
It's a "that's the wrong type of sprayer for house painting" thing

Really, I'm not trying to bring you down here

The airless' have homeowner models under $500
Maybe even $300

I would have agree with you until I browsed the link provided. It does list at least one of those things for latex. News to me, I haven't seen anything before in a gun of this type for latex.

Old 05-24-06, 06:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Latex paint and air powered spray guns just don't work well together. Cup guns are for spraying a finer material - latex is too coarse. You would have to thin latex even more if you sprayed it with an air powered gun!!

An airless is the best suited sprayer for latex paint. While I can't speak for home owner [diy] use, piston powered airless pumps are superior to the diaphram pumps.

Old 05-24-06, 07:04 PM
W
"that's the wrong type of sprayer for house painting" thing

Ok, that helps. I didn’t realize those types of sprayers would not work with latex paint. I’m not interested in spending that kind of money for the airless units just so I don’t have to dilute latex paint. Maybe I should just take a look at the more powerful Wagner that doesn’t need to have latex paint diluted. Maybe something like this would work best for me. http://www.gleempaint.com/wideshot.html

What about something like the Wagner Paint Crew? This one is appealing to me. http://www.gleempaint.com/paint-crew-770.html Anyone ever bought from gleempaint.com? I’ve never heard of them.

This is getting way over budget. How is cleanup on something like this? Is it practical for setting up for 15 to 30 minutes worth of painting for $300? http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ite=Performics

Refurbished for $200? http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ite=Performics

Old 05-24-06, 07:19 PM
S
Originally Posted by nap
It does list at least one of those things for latex. News to me, I haven't seen anything before in a gun of this type for latex.
Lol
Yeah I actually have a few of the models in that link
I have actually tried latex in most of the ones I have

It doesn't work

Well, technically you might push some latex out of some, so I guess it's not a lie to list latex
But it's really not in a good way

Old 05-24-06, 07:23 PM
S
Originally Posted by wingspar
Maybe something like this would work best for me. http://www.gleempaint.com/wideshot.html
I have that one too
What exactly to you want to paint?

Old 05-24-06, 09:33 PM
W
What exactly to you want to paint?
Here are some photos from the last time I painted. Some of it was done with a brush, but most was done with a Wagner electric paint gun. One I have to thin latex paint for. It’s a pain to thin. These two walls are south and east facing, and seem to need paint every 3 or 4 years. These photos were taken in 2001, and these walls need paint again already. It’s also been about 14 years since the north and west walls have been painted, and I plan on doing those this year also. Neither of those walls see sun, and even after 14 years, you have to look close to see that they need paint.

http://i.pbase.com/o4/64/209564/1/60...e_painting.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/o4/64/209564/1/60...painting03.jpg

That Wagner Paint Crew looks kinda neat. About 3 times what I figured on spending, but not having to stop and fill up the bottle every few minutes, and hot having to hold the weight of the bottle full of paint up for long periods of time are really appealing. What are your thoughts on the Wagner Paint Crew?

I also have a hangar at the airport that needs paint from time to time. Lot more surface area on that building too.

Old 05-25-06, 03:45 AM
S
Here are some photos from the last time I painted.
There's no way I'd paint that with my Wagner Wide shot
That Wagner Paint Crew looks kinda neat. About 3 times what I figured on spending, but not having to stop and fill up the bottle every few minutes, and hot having to hold the weight of the bottle full of paint up for long periods of time are really appealing. What are your thoughts on the Wagner Paint Crew?
You are better off saving your money and doing this by brush and roller

Old 05-25-06, 04:34 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have a Wagner 1/3 HP airless I bought three yrs ago to paint the house(primer & paint). $300 from Northern Tool.I wouldn't even consider any other way to paint a house. The Wagner gun didn't last long, I've since replaced it with a better quality one. The pump still works very good. I've since painted two friends houses. Cleanup is not hard, just takes lots of fresh water and time. I consider it as one of those tools that, yes, it's expensive, but when needed nothing else will do it as well or as easy.
I also have air type spray guns, but they are only used for auto and small metal projects. I used them once for latex to paint kitchen cabinet doors(3 coats) so they wouldn't have brush marks on them. They were all done lying flat so I could lay it on thick(as in thickness of coat) because,of course) I had to thin the paint.
We all try to save money, but trust me, house paint is something you don't want to skimp on. The better quality paint, the less often it has to be repainted. Provided,of course, surface prep is done properly.
My $.02,
Mike

Old 05-25-06, 09:33 AM
W
Well, I have no intention of doing this with a roller or brush. There are enough places that must be done with a brush, and I don’t care for doing this kind of painting with a roller. I’ve painted this house a couple of times with my old Wagner 120, a model I’m sure hasn’t been made for years. Even with all the time it takes to mask the windows off, it’s so much faster and easier than a brush that it’s a hands down decision to spray, even tho having to dilute the paint is a pain. I’m willing to spend some money on a better system that doesn’t need to have latex paint thinned.

From what I have learned here in this thread along with some researching online, I have come up with these two as my final two choices. I can not find any user or professional reviews on these other than the one at gleempaint.com for the Wagner Paint Crew. Is there a site where these items may have reviews?

The Wagner Paint Crew at $149 / $179 with shipping http://www.gleempaint.com/paint-crew-770.html

The Wagner Refurbished 3/8 HP Piston Paint Sprayer at $200 / $219 with shipping http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ite=Performics

Any more input will be greatly appreciated. I’ll sleep on if for a few days, and probably order one of these next week.

Old 05-25-06, 09:37 AM
W
Originally Posted by mla2ofus
I have a Wagner 1/3 HP airless I bought three yrs ago to paint the house(primer & paint). $300 from Northern Tool.
In looking at the Wagner Paint Crew, it seems advisable to purchase the inline gun swivel, as the hose is stiff. I can not find any info on this for the Wagner 3/8 HP Piston Paint Sprayer. Is this a necessary accessory with this unit, or is the hose flexible enough without one?

Old 05-25-06, 11:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Having only used pro type airlesses I can't really advise on that type of sprayer. All the guns I have ever used had a swivel where they attached to the spray line. I have also found it usefull to have a short, smaller diameter hose next to the gun [called a whip]. Any paint store should have spray accesories including swivels - I don't know if they are compatible with the smaller units but would think they should be.

If you can master using a spray shield, you can eliminate a lot of masking

Old 05-26-06, 04:08 PM
W
Originally Posted by marksr
If you can master using a spray shield, you can eliminate a lot of masking
Do you have a link to spray shields? I Googled for them, but came up empty.

A friend just told me how a contractor painted their house using a shield. Typical 3 bedroom ranch house. Did the whole house in about 4 hours all inclusive. Makes me want know a little more about them. What they are, how to use them, and what they cost.

Old 05-26-06, 05:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know of any web sites but they are probably out there.

Most paint stores have spray shields for sale. The 2 most popular sizes are 3' & 4' wide. Basically it is a thin piece of metal [they also come in plastic] with a handle. You [or a helper] hold the shield up against the ceiling or window - whatever you need to keep the paint off of and then spray using the shield to keep paint off where it don't belong.

While the shields are light, several hours of using one can take a toll on you [especially as you age ] Care must be used to hold it in place and the wet paint needs to be wiped/washed off as needed to prevent transfering the paint onto the shielded areas.

Personally I prefer the metal shields, they have a crisper edge and if you get a dried paint build up on them you can clean them with paint remover [laquer thinner if only a light coat]

I have long forgotten what I paid for my shields but I doubt they cost $20. Although mine don't have this option, there are some that have a threaded handle that you can screw a roller pole into. This would come in handy if you have a helper holding the shield - I don't ever remember having that luxury

hope this helps

Old 05-26-06, 06:39 PM
W
Thanks. That does help. For a job my size, I'll probably just stick with masking stuff off. Those sound like a lot of extra work to use, with or without a helper. I'll be 60 next month, and just can't spend all day doing this kind of stuff like I used to. I just can’t seem to come up with anything on the shields from Google, so next time I'm at the local hardware store, I'll ask about them.

I've downloaded the manuals for the Wagner Paint Crew and the entry level pro airless unit, and have been going thru them. The Wagner Refurbished 3/8 HP Piston Paint Sprayer is most likely the unit I will go with. Cleanup looks like it would be easier with the 3/8 HP Piston Paint Sprayer too.

Old 05-27-06, 05:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Piston pumps are definetetly preferable. You might want to check on the availbilty of repair parts.

I have bought a lot of refurbished tools over the year and have found them to work just as well as their new counterpart and usually have the same warrantty. I always like to save money

Old 05-27-06, 07:54 AM
W
Actually, the Wagner Paint Crew is a piston pump. It’s called an on demand pump, so I’m assuming that the motor isn’t running unless you have the trigger on the gun depressed, and I like that feature. I recently bought a pressure washer that works like that. I wonder if the Wagner Refurbished 3/8 HP Piston Paint Sprayer works like that also, or if the motor is always running? I haven’t found any info on that yet.

I can’t really find much info on the Wagner Refurbished 3/8 HP Piston Paint Sprayer anywhere except here http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...ite=Performics. The model number isn’t mentioned at all, and the unit isn’t even mentioned at the Wagner site. I don’t have any problems buying refurbished. It saves $100, and like you say, it comes with a warranty, and for the use I’ll give it, the refurbished unit should serve me well for a very long time. Heck, my old Wagner model 120 unit is still working after 20 years of light use.

Old 05-27-06, 04:13 PM
M
I need to correct myself. In a previous post I said my Wagner is 1/3 HP, it is a 3/8 HP and is probably the same one you're looking at, Wingspar. As I said it has painted my house and two others. The gun didn't last long, so be prepared to buy a better quality gun. The valve seat wore out and wouldn't shut off completely. It is a type that can't be taken apart to replace parts, so it is a throwaway.
Yes, the motor on mine starts and stops according to pressure. Overall I'm very happy with it, just disappointed over the gun, but I guess if they furnished a quality gun w/ it it would cost at least a $100 more. I think I paid $125 or so for the replacement which can be disassembled.
Mike

Old 05-28-06, 08:57 AM
W
I need to correct myself. In a previous post I said my Wagner is 1/3 HP, it is a 3/8 HP and is probably the same one you're looking at, Wingspar.
Thanks for that clarification. Is yours a 9140S model? I see the new 3/8 hp model at Northern Tool listed as the 9140S, but the refurbished 3/8 model at Northern Tool does not mention a model number, so it’s a little confusing. Wagner’s own web site doesn’t even mention a 3/8 hp model. It mentions the 9140S as a ½ hp model. Even the manual, which I downloaded, calls the 9140S a ½ hp model. Very confusing.

All I can do is guess that the Northern Tool site is incorrect in labeling the 9140S as a 3/8 model, and the 3/8 hp model is discontinued, and no longer mentioned at the Wagner site, which of course has no bearing on whether it is a good unit worth purchasing or not. I just find it all confusing.

New Wagner 9140S 3/8 hp at Northern Tool

Wagner Refurbished 3/8 hp at Northern Tool

Looking at the manual, I see that the gun that comes with the 3/8 hp unit is a cheapie / throwaway. The Wagner Spray Gun, Model# GX-08 for $120 at Northern tool looks like the cheapest replacement, but then again, I’m guessing I wouldn’t have to stick with a Wagner gun if I had to replace it, would I?

Old 05-28-06, 11:51 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
. The Wagner Spray Gun, Model# GX-08 for $120 at Northern tool looks like the cheapest replacement, but then again, I’m guessing I wouldn’t have to stick with a Wagner gun if I had to replace it, would I?
Again let me remind you I know next to nothing about the diy type sprayers but if the spray line thread is the same you should be able to use most any airless gun. Example : graco & titan guns will work on the same spray line and pump. Spray tips however are not interchangeable, you must stay with the same brand [and style]as the gun.

Old 05-28-06, 04:35 PM
M
Yes,Wingspar, mine is a 9140S reconditioned. The replacement gun I bought is a Graco. I think Marksr is correct in saying most of the guns and hoses use the same thread.
Mike

Old 05-28-06, 08:54 PM
W
I thank you both for your very helpful posts. I think I have all the info I need to make an informative purchase, and will go with the Wagner Refurbished 3/8 hp at Northern Tool in about a week or so. I’ll revive this thread when I get it.

I found the GX08 Wagner Spray Gun for $86, considerably cheaper than what I found earlier for $120, but my use will be very light for what this sprayer was designed for, so I’m thinking that the gun that comes with the unit will probably serve my needs.

Finding spray guns wasn’t easy, but I came up with these two pages. Much cheaper than what I found at Northern Tool.

http://www.gleempaint.com/airlessguns.html Wagner, Spray Tech, and ASM guns.

http://store.bankstonspaint.com/aispgu.html ASM, Graco, and Spray Tech guns.

One more question. I see spray tips for spray guns mentioned as .015” Max Tip, .017” Max Tip, .019” Max Tip, .020” Max Tip and .021” Max Tip. I see larger tips associated with the larger more powerful piston sprayers. The gun that comes with the 3/8 hp unit is .015” Max Tip. Does this mean there are smaller tips that are usable with this gun, and if so, what are the reasons/uses for the different size tips?

Old 05-28-06, 11:15 PM
J
Gary.

The tip sizes vary because the thicknes, viscosity, of the paint does. The more viscous the material the bigger the tip opening. If you know which paint you'll be using on your house then you can go to the manufacturers web site and look at the Technical Data Sheet, the TDS. If they don't have a web site ask to see the TDS at your paint store. Among other things the TDS for house paints will usually tell you the appropriate tip size for the paint.

Since painting your house is your biggest project you might want to check the TDS against the pump you have in mind before buying. Some highly touted house paints are rather thick.

And yes, you use smaller tips, usually at reduced pressures, for finer material like interior semigloss or clear. You can do a lot of nice finish work with an airless and water borne finishes.

Jan

Old 05-29-06, 05:53 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
One thing to remember when buying tips is not to buy a tip bigger than what the pump can support. It should say in the paper work that comes with the airless what the maximum tip size will be.

The first # is the fan size [as in 4-15] while the second # is the orifice size which determines how much paint [and thickness] can be forced through the tip.
5-17 is a common wall tip for smaller airlesses while a 4-15 would be better when more control is needed.

Tips can be gotten as small as 2-09 and as big as a 5-32 [must have big commercial pump to use the large tips]

If possible using a reversible tip is the best. If the tip gets plugged you turn it around and blow a small amount of paint through it cleaning out the trash.

Old 05-29-06, 06:00 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The gun that comes with the 3/8 hp unit is .015” Max Tip. Does this mean there are smaller tips that are usable with this gun, and if so, what are the reasons/uses for the different size tips?

I figured I ought to addres this after rereading your post. This means that you can't use a tip with an orifice bigger than .015
Yes you can use smaller tips. A smaller tip is handy when spraying trim or thin materials - like staining a deck. If you try to use a tip larger than what the pump can support, you won't get a proper spray pattern. This can also happen when a tip becomes worn. A spray tip should last a diyer a long time. Coarse paint can wear a tip out in as little as 100 gal but typically they will last a lot longer.

Old 05-29-06, 08:30 PM
W
Originally Posted by Jan2
Gary.

Since painting your house is your biggest project you might want to check the TDS against the pump you have in mind before buying. Some highly touted house paints are rather thick.

And yes, you use smaller tips, usually at reduced pressures, for finer material like interior semigloss or clear. You can do a lot of nice finish work with an airless and water borne finishes.

Jan
I’m in the process of painting parts of the house that must be done with a brush, and ran out of paint today. Since it’s a holiday, I’m stuck. I’ll head for the store and pick up a couple more gallons tomorrow and ask about a TDS. I’m using Ace Royal paint, mostly because the lumber store I used to buy paint from kept changing their paint colors so much, they could no longer match my paint. Ace was able to match it perfectly with a computer and a small sample of the old paint. Hence, the switch from Glidden to Ace. I just looked at the Ace web site, and believe it or not, even searching for paint at Ace turned up errors. However, searching for the Ace paint on Google brought it right up on the Ace site. Says little for the Ace webmaster.

Most of the sprayers I’ve looked at come with a .015 spray tip, but wouldn’t you know it, the one I decided to get comes with a .013 spray tip. New ones come with the .015, same unit refurbished comes with the .013 tip. I wonder if there is a message here?

Old 05-29-06, 08:44 PM
W
Yes you can use smaller tips. A smaller tip is handy when spraying trim or thin materials - like staining a deck. If you try to use a tip larger than what the pump can support, you won't get a proper spray pattern. This can also happen when a tip becomes worn. A spray tip should last a diyer a long time. Coarse paint can wear a tip out in as little as 100 gal but typically they will last a lot longer.
What size spray tip came with your sprayer? I see the new model comes with the .015 spray tip and the refurbished one I plan on getting comes with the .013 spray tip.

I’m beginning to think that the Northern Tool web page contains errors. For instance, they sell the Wagner 9140S as a 3/8 hp model, but the Wagner site, and the manual I downloaded call the 9140S a ½ hp model. Therefore, I’m now confused about the spray tips that come with the refurbished unit. Without having experience using both the .013 and .015 tips, I have to wonder if there is a huge difference, or maybe if the difference is enough to not be able to push latex paint thru the .013 tip. It does say that the maximum tip size .015in for the refurbished unit. Seems like I sent Northern Tool a question many days ago, and never received a reply. Guess I need to make a phone call to straighten out some of my many questions their web site raises before hitting the buy it now button.

Spray tips wear out in 100 gallons? I’ll Never wear one out.

By the way, I found this on Understanding Airless Spray Tips thanks to your post that caused me to research a little more on spray tips.

Old 05-30-06, 04:34 AM
M
Gary,IRRC my wagner and Graco both came w/ .013 tips. Since you're used to smaller sprayers, trust me, the airless will be laying down an unbelieveable amount of unthinned latex paint w/ a .013 tip!!! You won't want to hesitate even a second while the trigger is pulled.
Mike

Old 05-30-06, 04:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
When you buy professional grade airlesses they come minus the spray line, gun and tip all of which have to be purchased seperately. As a painter I have a vast collection of tips as it is always nice to have the correct tip for the job.

I think I have used a .013 with latex before but don't remember for sure. I usually use a 4-11 or 4-13 with oil base paints. Since I have a bigger pump I don't know how that translates with a smaller pump.

Because you are looking at a diy type sprayer i would think that they would have a list of recomended type of materials that the unit is capable of spraying. Most materials can be sprayed with smaller pumps if thinned but then we are back to your original post

Old 05-30-06, 11:03 AM
W
Gary,IRRC my wagner and Graco both came w/ .013 tips. Since you're used to smaller sprayers, trust me, the airless will be laying down an unbelieveable amount of unthinned latex paint w/ a .013 tip!!! You won't want to hesitate even a second while the trigger is pulled.
Mike
Thanks. The helps a lot. My thoughts were that a .013 tip might work fine, but without any experience at all, getting info on this from web sites is like trying to get blood out of a turnip. Wagner’s own web site is absolutely horrible for info on their units. The retailers web sites give much better info, but still not enough, and sometimes just enough to raise more questions. That’s what makes this forum so wonderful. Info from users with experience. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Old 05-30-06, 11:36 AM
W
When you buy professional grade airlesses they come minus the spray line, gun and tip all of which have to be purchased seperately.

Because you are looking at a diy type sprayer i would think that they would have a list of recomended type of materials that the unit is capable of spraying. Most materials can be sprayed with smaller pumps if thinned but then we are back to your original post
Looks like all the Wagner models under 1 hp come with spray tip, gun, and hose. Looks like that stuff doesn’t come with the models above 1 hp.

Spray tip, gun, and hose seem to come with all the Graco units.

Looks like spray tip, gun, and hose come with all Spray Tech units up to the 1.7 hp EPX 2355 model. Models above that, no.

Looks like spray tip, gun, and hose come with the two smallest Titan units, but not with others.

I can understand why the big pro models are set up that way.

The refurb unit I’m looking at includes .013in. tip, 25 feet of hose and a GX-06 spray gun. According to all the info I’ve been able to get, the refurb unit I plan on getting will handle latex paints undiluted. That’s my whole reason for doing this research is to get a good, high quality dependable sprayer that will handle undiluted latex paint. I don’t have unlimited funds to do this with, but I think I’ve hit a happy medium with the refurb 3/8 hp Wagner airless.

Old 05-30-06, 11:53 AM
W
I just found this on spray tips.

* .009 – .015 for stains
* .011 – .017 for lacquers
* .013 – .021 for latex-based coatings
* .013 – .017 for oil-based coatings
* .019 – .031 for block fillers
* .019 – .035 for smooth elastomerics

Old 05-30-06, 01:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Looks like a good guide don't forget you can not go past the limitations of your pump. I suspect what comes with a pump varies depending on the outlet you purchace it from. I know sometimes they throw in the spray line and gun w/tip during a sale or promotion.

Last edited by marksr; 05-30-06 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-30-06, 01:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Looks like a good guide don't forget you can go past the limitations of your pump.

This should read CAN'T GO PAST the limiations of the pump
for whatever reason I couldn't get the edit button to work

Old 05-30-06, 09:06 PM
W
Originally Posted by Jan2
Gary.

f they don't have a web site ask to see the TDS at your paint store. Among other things the TDS for house paints will usually tell you the appropriate tip size for the paint.
Made it to the hardware store today, and the TDS didn’t give a clue on spray tip size. I have confidence that the pump I’ve chosen will have no trouble with latex paint, The Wagner 3/8 hp Refurb Airless

I was surprised to see that they had a Wagner Paint Crew in stock. Cost would only be $20 cheaper than the refurbished 3/8 hp Wagner Airless including shipping. They also had a pro model in stock, but another $250 above the refurb unit I plan on getting. I was surprised to see those items, as the store is very small in a very small (under 2,000) town.

Old 05-30-06, 09:08 PM
W
This should read CAN'T GO PAST the limiations of the pump
for whatever reason I couldn't get the edit button to work
I understood what you were trying to say.

Old 06-01-06, 01:33 PM
W
I have to wonder if someone from Northern Tool read my post #22 in this thread where I mentioned that Northern Tool called the Wagner 9140S a 3/8 hp unit and the refurbished unit with no model number a 3/8 hp unit and that the Wagner web page makes no mention of a 3/8 hp unit, but says the 9140S is a ½ hp unit cause now the Northern Tool site shows both units as ½ hp units.

Anyway, I ordered the refurbished unit this morning. 7 business days for delivery means that I expect delivery by June 12 or 13. I thank everyone for all the excellent help I received, and may revive this thread when I receive it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: